This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
    Hey Geebo, just toss an inexpensive Aussie locker in the front diff. You can do it in less than a day in your driveway and the difference is stunning. Leave the limited slip in the rear and you will go most places that you want to without much of an issue. :2:
    X2 Geebo. You know where I live.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Malachi,and Josh Thanks guys for the idea and Josh for the offer!!was thinking of regearing as well...
      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
        well I got the rear out. have to finish taking the tank out. got the upper perches. just have to start ordering the little stuff.

I got roughly 3 months to get the axles in.

I think I will be alright. if not will take my new toy. I pick it up on Friday.
        wHAT IS THE NEW TOY???
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I am going to put myself down as a strong MAYBE at this time. I believe my rig is capable, need to think of the parts/ planning the trip. I have always wanted to do the Rubicon, so ,,,,,,,,,
          06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
          07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Hey Al,

I wish I could go, but we are going on a two week trip to Glacier National Park and then we will come home down the coast. I need to remember next year to save July for the Rubicon. Have fun.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by smack2020 View Post
              Hey Al,

I wish I could go, but we are going on a two week trip to Glacier National Park and then we will come home down the coast. I need to remember next year to save July for the Rubicon. Have fun.

Scott
              See if you can make it to High Sierra (Swamp Lake) over Labor Day.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
                See if you can make it to High Sierra (Swamp Lake) over Labor Day.
                I will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
                  I've been waiting for your reply. I have power steering now and it is 100% different.
                  Hopefully I won't be stalling at all this year (and have Jaclynn make fun of me). As of yesterday, I am rolling with 4.88's (instead of the 4.10s) ... and I should have plenty of time to break the diffs in before July.
                  03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                  "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

The plan for this is to start at loon Lake and go all the way to Rubicon springs. Spend 2 nights and go out on sunday. saturday can be used for goofing off or wheeling up the big sleuce. I have always wanted to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by seapahn View Post
                      Hopefully I won't be stalling at all this year (and have Jaclynn make fun of me). As of yesterday, I am rolling with 4.88's (instead of the 4.10s) ... and I should have plenty of time to break the diffs in before July.
                      Awesome isn't it?

I can't wait for this trip!

Comment

Sounds like the plan! Can't wait!!:bonk:
                        That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NikVallens View Post
                          Awesome isn't it?
                          Oh hell yah ... I was a bit unsure about dropping that much cash on gears and the labor to install but after driving it for about a 100 miles now, I can say it was definitely worth it. My pinion seals needed replacing anyway so this worked well.

and hey Bachman!
                          03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                          "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

If ya'll haven't signed the roll call, please do so. It would be nice to know how many are actually going.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...&day=2009-7-17

Comment

Signed up as a maybe, but its probably more like 85-90%. This will only be my 2nd trail run, how would you guys say the rubicon compares to clawhammer? I'm googling little sluice as I type this to see if I will attempt that little piece of goodness.

Comment

Little sluice is for built buggies and rigs that don't mind severe body damage. There is a bypass around it. It's kind of like backdoor at JV. A place where you watch rigs attempt to drive over except way more beautiful surroundings than JV. JMHO

Comment

Working...
                                X