Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd, I'll talk to you tomorrow about this.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

• Looks like people are starting to drop as we get closer. If you are still going, please chime in. We plan on leaving the trail head around 0730 on Friday morning. camping thursday night at the trail head.

Comment

• My 11 year son and I are still in. The Jeep is ready. Greased, lubed, brake checked, etc... Installed a new CB radio, installed my HAM radio, installed extra wiring for an onboard ARB fridge, got all my gear off road vs family camping gear sorted out, got my half doors installed, relocated my mirrors, got my trailer lined up from U-haul, and as of this afternoon, got everything loaded out and packed in. WhooHoo!

HEAVY Jeep all loaded up. With the new spring relocator brackets and AEV progressive 4.5" springs, it still sits fairly level.

Teraflex antenna mount for the HAM radio:

5 gallons spare fuel, PETT porta-potty, camp chairs, recovery gear, etc...

Tried keeping heavy stuff to the front (tools and fridge). Got front axles (both halves with stubbies installed) under the storage shelf, got a rear halfshaft secured to the driver side roll cage, and everything that matters in ActionPackers except my sleeping bags, pads, and tent.
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

• Darn Nathan, you have been a busy Beaver. Looks good all neatly stored and secured, great job.
          Now the experience of the trip will tell you what;s needed and what is not.
          I hope you all have a ball running the Rubicon, unfortunately there is no way for me to have time of in summer for years to come

Comment

• [COLOR="Blue"]Nathan, it's always good to have your Jeep in top condition for the Rubicon. It's a rugged trail. Hope you guys have a awesome run. Look forward to some great pix.
            MK [/COLOR]

Comment

• I'm still in. I found a trailer after all. Did some last minute inspection and found my fan clutch went out, so I had to swap that out today. Glad I found it now and not on the trail. See you guys on Thurs.
              -Matt

Comment

• We're still in. Not sure when we'll get there but my current plan is to camp at the trail head Thursday night.
                03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

• Anybody else coming going to have a HAM 2M or 440(70cm) setup? I have mine installed. I did a bit of research on local repeaters and found this excellent write-up on the Rubicon Foundation's website:

The KA6GWY repeater system is comprised of three transmitters and a multitude of receivers. Keep in mind that this is the primary EL Dorado County Search and Rescue Team repeater, so courtesy should be shown them if they have a SAR mission going. It should be used as follows:

146.805 mHz, –0.0600 mHz split, PL 123.0 – The main KA6GWY repeater, located in the Placerville area, it works well on the western slope of El Dorado County including the western side of the Crystal basin and in the Sacramento Valley. This is the appropriate repeater to use in these areas and is permanently linked to the repeater on the trail.

444.9875 mHz, +5.00 mHz split, PL 156.7 – This is the Rubicon repeater, boasting year around hand-held coverage on all of the Rubicon Trail. It should be used in the Rubicon for talking from one area of the trail to another. Note that there is a receiver for the 146.805 permanently linked to the repeater so all of the 146.805 traffic will be heard.

444.9875 mHz, +5.00 mHz split, PL 107.2 – The same repeater listed above, but using a different PL will cause the Rubicon repeater to connect a transmitter to the 146.805 repeater, thus linking the two repeaters. This repeater should be used to contact emergency services or to talk to an amateur radio operator outside the Rubicon on the 146.805 repeater.

145.605 mHz, +0.600 mHz split, PL 123.0 – This is the Tahoe basin repeater. It is permanently linked to the 146.805 repeater and works well in most areas of the Tahoe Basin as well as in some side canyons.

TreadLightly Trainer
                  HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

• You guys are actually making me sorry I'm going to Hawaii this week!
                    You all suck! Have a blast!

Comment

• Repeater Info

Nathan, where did you find the Rubicon repeater infor. I am running Dusy-Ershim first week in August and would like to find similar info. Thanks. Brian
                      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

• Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
                        Nathan, where did you find the Rubicon repeater infor. I am running Dusy-Ershim first week in August and would like to find similar info. Thanks. Brian
                        It was at the bottom of this page:
                        http://www.rubicontrail.org/newstuff/

There are some lists of repeaters for South Lake Tahoe here:
                        http://usrepeaters.com/db/index.php?...order_type=ASC

or here:
                        http://www.artscipub.com/repeaters/l...y=TAHOE%20CITY

TreadLightly Trainer
                        HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

• Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                          Anybody else coming going to have a HAM 2M or 440(70cm) setup? I have mine installed.
                          Nathan, I will be in the area; I've already used the link when I was passing through Stockton to talk to a ham who was @ Little Sluice. It works great. Give me a call when you get in the area

Russ
                          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                          KI6MLU

Comment

• I spent all day collecting gear, tools, and parts!

Getting ready!

Comment

• I'm all ready. We will be on ch4 Friday morning. Meeting at the Loon Lake Damn.

We will also be camped Thursday night at the trail head. We will monitor ch4 throughout the night if anyone shows up.

Comment

• We are set to roll out of Lucerne at approx 0700 Thurs. (usually we are 1-2 hrs late- so probably 8 or 9am!. I told Michelle to be ready by 6am, so that should help!LOL)

I am picking up another JK in Bakersfeild along the way. We plan to meet up at Loon Thurs afternoon/evening.

See y'all out there tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X