X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeepGal
    Dont sweat it...hes just joking around. Youre welcome to join us

The Rubicon has no facilities at all. Its rough camping it for the two or possibly three nights while out. BUT, that said, we swim each night and morning And the night before, a few of us stayed at a the Ice House, on ice house road, just south of loon lake. I need to hunt them down and make reservations again?

Anyone up for a bbq at the icehouse the night before like last year? (but earlier? :p)

Tam
    Let me know what you find out about lodging and a place to leave truck and trailer for the weekend.
    T
    456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

http://www.icehouseresort.com/

You can leave tow vehicles there. He charges about $10-15 per vehicle for the weekend.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by pdw
        Ha! HA! HA! I guess that I shouldn't respond with "you taught me everything that I know!" Unlike your "pet dog" at least I didn't run out and buy a Rubicon just to be like you! Oops, did I say that out loud?

I guess that I gotta be invited! I could make it out for a weekend sometime. I'm getting the Jeep & Blazer set up so I can flat-tow it.
        Yea, but my "pet dog" (Seapahn---for those of you who weren't around when he got that title) is trying to upstage me one.....you do know that he put on a 6" long arm kit and 35's don't you? But he put the poser "street lock" wheels on it, and hasn't had it in the dirt yet (but plenty of mall posing pictures ).....and of course it is still in LA while he is back in Michigan (EDIT**** Michigan??? did I say michigan???? Would you believe Wisconsin?).....lotta good that long arm kit does him.

Anytime you are ready to see what some real wheelin is.....come on out. I have every second fri/sat/sun off. Just let me know, we'll set up some trail runs. It's gotta be soon though, or we are going to have to find some trails way up north....getting kinda warm here. We are looking at 90's for this weekends run.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by stevo
          ok thank you.
          I will make sure i can go.
          Just wondering- do most of you feel that i will be able to do this run? Ill bring some spare parts, but with one locker and 33's?
          thanks again
          mike
          i believe we are planning a "pre-run" for the people that we haven't run a trail with us before, to make sure everyone will be capable this year.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

ok sounds good, werewhen is the "pre-run" going to take place? Also i did go on the rowher and miller trail with some of you guys.
            thanks
            mike
            93 grand, 33" pro comps, hp30, front long arms, front lock-rite.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo
              ok sounds good, werewhen is the "pre-run" going to take place? Also i did go on the rowher and miller trail with some of you guys.
              thanks
              mike
              Not sure, I think the guys are organizing it sometime closer to the trip date. If everyone that ends up wanting to go has been out with us before, that's even better! Personally, I can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                http://www.icehouseresort.com/

You can leave tow vehicles there. He charges about $10-15 per vehicle for the weekend.
                Thanks Al, I will call them ASAP.

Is this where we will meet and start on Friday AM?
                456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Friday morning we meet at Loon Lake Dam. It's about 30 minutes from the lodge. I'll be staying the night in Placerville at a friends house.

Comment

Wanted to make sure I could get the time off from work before I posted anything but I really want to make this trip. My fiance's ( recently asked her to marry me ) parents live in Auburn about an hour away so we're set. I'm buying a tow bar tomorrow , might rent a u-haul to tow it up there, we'll see.
                    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

well. interesting. july 16-18th still? you fawkers cant make up your minds. please do, if i'm gonna DRIVE over 2,500 miles just so i can spend a couple days on a puss trail, please get your act together, oh, and i'll prolly be bringin a TJ newbie to real rocks. course, he's already spent the money building (and breaking) his stuff, with only 6k miles on it.
                      beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

Comment

yup, it's the 16-18th. at least that is when we are going!!

Comment

I agree. 16-18. Hasn't changed.

Comment

tam/chris? what bout your duo? plus friends/etc.
                            beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

Comment

Looks like I am in. Do I have to go on the pre-run so you can check my junk?
                              ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                              00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                              97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

There ain't no stinking pre run.

Great to have you with us Chris.

Comment

Working...
                                X