Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
    Whatever helps you get your vehicle through the trail is fine by me. ... As long as you unstack when done
    Fixed it for ya.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Lawrence,
      I agree with you on who stacks the rocks. I have seen many jeepers stack the rocks to get through tight spots along with all the other OHV's. Although I have done the same before I locked up the rear of my rig, I would unstack what I did once I was through it. It only seemed right to leave it the way I found it. Maybe if others did the same thing, it wouldn't be a complaint of paving the challenges... just my opinion.
      In the case of the closure, we need as much support from all OHV's whether they drive a jeep, "toy", landrover, stocker or whatever. Thankyou for your comments and support.

"today I am the windshield"
      Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

Hey Sarah & all, I gladly allow plagurism!
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

My letter was sent this morning.

Comment

I'm suprised it has taken this long.
            The off-road community has no one to blame but itself. I have witnessed vehicles using the trail that leads from the bypass to the bathrooms on the F-loop and using the trail that goes from the bypass and through campsites F14/F15. All the while ignoring the POSTED signs. These were not motorcycles or ATV's. They were street-licensed 4WDs and rock buggies.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Hey Sarah & all, I gladly allow plagurism!

Plagurized, done, sent.
              1999 [color=red]Jeep[/color] Cherokee Sport 4X4 4DR
              1999 [color=white]Jeep[/color] Cherokee Sport 4X4 2DR DD

Comment

Response received today ....

I received this from Mitzelfelt's office today:

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. I have assigned Jessie Flores to assist you in your inquiry.

We will work diligently to address your inquiry in a timely fashion and will be in contact with you.

Should you have any further information that would help us in assisting you, please feel free to contact us at (760) 955-5400.

Thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.
                Last edited by Max7; 05-27-08, 06:16 PM.
                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by karstic View Post
                  I'm suprised it has taken this long.
                  The off-road community has no one to blame but itself. I have witnessed vehicles using the trail that leads from the bypass to the bathrooms on the F-loop and using the trail that goes from the bypass and through campsites F14/F15. All the while ignoring the POSTED signs. These were not motorcycles or ATV's. They were street-licensed 4WDs and rock buggies.
                  I'm trying to get a visual on this issue. Do you or anyone else have a map of the areas in question with what is BLM, County, and owned by the Calico folks?
                  I am Savvy.

Comment

Point A is the entrance of the by-pass from Doran Canyon.

Point B is the actual by-pass that runs along the ridge/cliff line over Doran Canyon.

Point C is the Gate Keeper/Lower Doran Canyon.

Point D is one of the campgrounds/bathrooms at Calico Ghost Town

When I change the map type to show the boundaries of everything, it shows points A and B (and of course D) within the Calico Ghost Town Regional Park boundaries. In fact, the boundary is a straight line running from the road through points A and B and beyond.

Hope that clarifies.

Tam
                    Last edited by JeepGal; 05-27-08, 11:36 PM.
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Max7,

Hey I also received the same response. I wonder how many letters & emails our Supervisor received on this issue....

I re-read my letter to him and dang I forgot to spell check, that's two things I suck at: turning a wrench and proof reading
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Here's a photo of the sign at the edge of the campground ON THE TRAIL THAT LEADS TO THE BATHROOM (the other trail through the campsites is just right of this photo)

Click on the photos to get full size pictures

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
                          I'm trying to get a visual on this issue. Do you or anyone else have a map of the areas in question with what is BLM, County, and owned by the Calico folks?
                          Unfortunately I don't have a map of the land ownership

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
                            I received this from Mitzelfelt's office today:

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. I have assigned Jessie Flores to assist you in your inquiry.

We will work diligently to address your inquiry in a timely fashion and will be in contact with you.

Should you have any further information that would help us in assisting you, please feel free to contact us at (760) 955-5400.

Thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.
                            I received the same email.

Comment

I fixed it. It was odd, the points kept changing.

Tam
                              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Max7, I like your letter, do you mind if I post your letter on my hd4w forum for other off-roaders to use also. http://hd4w.freeforums.org/calico-do...osed-t139.html

Mark
                                [COLOR="Teal"]2006 TJ, 4"Full Traction Ultimate, SYE, CV, 35" MTR's on Champion Beadlocks, WARN 9.5Ti [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X