Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug,
    This guy is stuffed, isn't he? That cat knows how to strike a pose. Great shot!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• The hike to the top of Nevada Falls really taxed my energy. I think it was 4 miles one way from camp with almost 2000' elevation gain. Anyway on the way down I was pretty much watching each step (actual stair type steps) as I didn't want to fall. The cat walked within inches of my leg and I said to myself "what a cute kitty". It took me a few seconds to realize that it was a bobcat and how lucky I was to get so close. I turned around and watched the bobcat leave the path and go into the brush. I ran about 100' to get in front of the bobcat and started taking pictures. The bobcat just stood there for about 15 minutes while a group gathered with everyone taking pictures. Looking back it was a once in a lifetime encounter with a bobcat.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

• Good Karma...
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

• Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
          The hike to the top of Nevada Falls really taxed my energy. I think it was 4 miles one way from camp with almost 2000' elevation gain. Anyway on the way down I was pretty much watching each step (actual stair type steps) as I didn't want to fall. The cat walked within inches of my leg and I said to myself "what a cute kitty". It took me a few seconds to realize that it was a bobcat and how lucky I was to get so close. I turned around and watched the bobcat leave the path and go into the brush. I ran about 100' to get in front of the bobcat and started taking pictures. The bobcat just stood there for about 15 minutes while a group gathered with everyone taking pictures. Looking back it was a once in a lifetime encounter with a bobcat.
          That trail is a but kicker coming down. I believe they call it 599 Steps, because it is actually 599 granite steps. It makes my knees ache just thinking about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4point View Post
            That trail is a but kicker coming down. I believe they call it 599 Steps, because it is actually 599 granite steps. It makes my knees ache just thinking about it.
            I would bet that there are 599 steps up Vernal Falls and another 599 up Nevada Falls. My calves are still sore today.
            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

• Sunset tonite

We had a great sunset tonight. I missed most of it before I could get to a turnout to take a pic.

Comment

• Those are great shots. I love sky shots.
                Check out .

Comment

• DV Stuff

Stuff from Death Valley

Comment

• Kurt,

It's photo's like these that make me wish for a real camera. Nice work and a good eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by great88 View Post
                      Kurt,

It's photo's like these that make me wish for a real camera. Nice work and a good eye.
                      Mitch,
                      I thought you had a DSLR. Could have sworn I saw you flingin one around out there... The pics you take a great BTW

Comment

• Oh! I can finally play!

Here are some snow pics from the desert!!

Snow on the hood of my jeep:

The tree in the front yard:

And da fence:
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah View Post
                          Here are some snow pics from the desert!!

Snow on the hood of my jeep:

The tree in the front yard:

And da fence:
                          what is all that white stuff? Nice to see it's over there and not here

Comment

• Snow shots from on top of the windy part of Cleghorn:

Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

• Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                              Snow shots from on top of the windy part of Cleghorn:

Damn. That's creepy! But isn't the 'windy' part of Cleghorn ALL of it?
                              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                                Snow shots from on top of the windy part of Cleghorn:

Those are great pics. Just too cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X