Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Curtis. I can see exactly what you all are saying... I find myself getting the itch to go wheel and wanting to rush it but I figure slow and steady will indeed when this race.

Well I spent some time today on the Heep after fixing the misses breakfast and washing her car (figured she deserved it since I'm outside working on the Jeep so much). I basically only got some more of the frame painted and the nerfs painted... I'm not sure how long they are going to last though; even after re tapping the hole for the bolts they wouldn't really mount back up right, guess the rocks have taken a toll on the dinky things.

Anywhos, I painted the interior front with several coats of the Rhino Liner and had Kalah make some stencils for some extras.

Oddly, her name looks better than mine...

Looks like I'll need to do some touch up work from the over spray when it's all said and done as well as a bit of wet sanding to smooth out the clear coat. More to come, maybe we'll get the springs on tomorrow... For now it's a Blue Grass Festival with wine to treat the misses to a night out.
    USMC F&AM

Comment

Make sure to torque the springs to spec, or you'll drive yourself crazy with all the creaking noises. Don't know if it's part of the build plan, but poly frame to shackle bushings add a nice level of control on the road. To quote the rest, take your time. Don't let yourself rush, you'll just have to go back and re-do it later. Most of all, ask questions. Looks great so far!
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

I hadn't thought much about bushing in general, perhaps I'll need to think a bit about em though. Today is Sunday, thus Church, Football, and coach potato mode. Enjoy the games folks!
        USMC F&AM

Comment

I used rubber spring bushings over Poly. They give you a softer ride, and they allow the suspension to flex better. Get greasable, too. That helps. You'll have to replace them in a few years. But I think the performance advantage is worth 1 day of work every 3 or 4 years.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Well... All of the painting on the interior is done now. Drilled a couple more drain holes for hosing it out and power washed everything just to make sure that my new paint would hold up to at least a little abuse. For the time being it looks like my build has just came to a screaching hault. We'll see if I can get things moving along again next month but for now I'm stuck. Getting a MIG Welder this weekend to start playing with; who knows... Maybe I'll be able to make my own sliders before long! More to come in October, until then I guess I'll be focused on other things.
            USMC F&AM

Comment

Well... Here's where my build stands now.

On the upside, she did indeed say yes
              USMC F&AM

Comment

Congrats! Now the struggles of building the Jeep and keeping the wife happy. Use the "safety" card when you can. Thats how I get stuff past my wife.
                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I am already using it for ny roll cage. I suspect she will pick up on it fast.
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Congratulations! They are still rocks...
                    God forgives, rocks don't
                    -sons of thunder

Comment

Haha. Very true. I hadn't thought of that. Well played, well played indeed.
                      USMC F&AM

Comment

Very cool! You guys make a great couple!
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Congrats Chris.
                          Check out .

Comment

Nice. Congrats. Always keeper her happy

Comment

Way to go Chris she's a sweet one.
                              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Thanks guys. Now that this is out if the way (hope she doesn't see that) i can resume the Jeep. I recently picked up some 30% tread BFG M/Ts on 16 inch Mickey Thompson Thornbird rims with the simulated bead lock (Kalah likes it). Oh ya, the tires are 35x 12.50. Finally ordered brushing and axle shims so I nay actually out the springs on this weekend. SMOG is tomorrow now that I am positive it will pass, no free restest in Arizona.
                                USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                                X