Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this isn't fab work. But, I added a couple creature comforts. I wanted some 12 volt power, so, I added 2 outlets. I enjoy listening to music while I wheel. I didn't want the hassle of installing a full sound system. So, I'm gonna use my iPod, and some bluetooth portable speakers, for tunes. It sound just as good as any system I could install, and both pieces come out at the end of the day. You can see the speaker, under the dash, in front of the shifter.

It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I wanted to fix my shoulder harness problem, before I take my buggy out again. I didn't seem like it would be a lot of work, (for once, it wasn't) so , I took care of it today. The problem was, the Y aprt of the harness was too high, and rubbed the back of my neck, and as the straps came fwd, then dug into the side of my neck. 2 things I did created the problem. 1st, the harness bar is too high. I should be 4" lower. 2nd, the tabs I bought are too tall. Here's what I started with.

Sense I can't lower the harness bar. My solution, was to cut the tabs off. Grind the tube smooth again, paint, and mount the straps by wrapping them around the harness bar.

Here it is ground smooth, and painted. I figured I'd let the paint cure overnight, before I wrap the harnesses on.

Comment

While I was waiting on the paint to dry, on the harness bar. I decided to take care of another small problem, that I've been wanting to fix. Ever since I finished refurbishing my trailer, people have been telling me, that my ramps are going to banana on me. So, I cut them shorter. They started out 53" long.

I cut them at the 3rd rung. This shortened them to 23" long. Here's the difference.

I really happy with how they came out. Much better. Short enough to be out of the way. Not, nearly as much of an eye sore. Long enough to make it easy for the buggy to drive up, and in. They are also, a lot easier to open and close.

Comment

Now your trailer is Black Diamond.... Nice work dude.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
            Now your trailer is Black Diamond.... Nice work dude.
            Now I want to get a blk diamond sticker and put it on the trailer. LOL

Comment

I got the harness straps mounted, lower. I did the wrap around the bar method. Looking at the pic, I should run the strap thru the hole in the seat. That's what its for. LOL At least its done.

Comment

I'm really enjoying this thread. Your work proves the results a guy can get by just giving it a shot. Looks great. Is there any concern of having the strap walk sideways on the bar? If so you can just put a collar on either side. BTW, what paint are you using on the cage?
                God forgives, rocks don't
                -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                  I'm really enjoying this thread. Your work proves the results a guy can get by just giving it a shot. Looks great. Is there any concern of having the strap walk sideways on the bar? If so you can just put a collar on either side. BTW, what paint are you using on the cage?
                  Thanks I appreciate that.

I will not be using the shoulder harness 99% of the time. They will be for, then I try something, real hard, like Backdoor. I will be running the mount strap thru the seat. That will help with the walking. But for now, I'm not too concerned with those types of issues.

I paint the cage with Dupli-color Universal Black. Part # T100. All the auto parts stores sell it. So it's easy to get.

Comment

Great work. That's a neat little buggy.

I think most people end up NOT using the hole in the seat because it either sits too low, or rubs on your neck too much. In my research most recommend running it around the seat like you have it in your pic.
                    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Originally posted by 4xfiend View Post
                      Great work. That's a neat little buggy.

I think most people end up NOT using the hole in the seat because it either sits too low, or rubs on your neck too much. In my research most recommend running it around the seat like you have it in your pic.
                      You're probably right. but I'm gonna try it both ways, and see what works best. If I had put the bar in right, I guess I wouldn't have a problem. Failure is knowledge. LOL

Comment

Was fun last night Joe, buggy does very well, didn't expect anything else. Looking at it last night you scored buddy

Comment

I'm assuming you've already done this, but lookup the proper mounting of the straps. There's recommended heights for the straps that might not work depending on your height if you try putting them through the seat. If they're too low, they can compress your spine in a crash.
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                            I'm assuming you've already done this, but lookup the proper mounting of the straps. There's recommended heights for the straps that might not work depending on your height if you try putting them through the seat. If they're too low, they can compress your spine in a crash.
                            His shoulder straps are fine, for his height

Comment

So, where's the pics of it on the trails?
                              "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Originally posted by 4xfiend View Post
                                So, where's the pics of it on the trails?
                                No pics. We where go, go, go. The only time we stopped, was to BS, and figure out the next move. We hit 5 trails in 1 night.

Comment

Working...
                                X