Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personalizing My Zuk

I bought me a buggy, last month. I took it out once so far. This thing crawls like nothing I've ever owned before. I am completely satisfied with the performance of this rig. But like anything, I want to make some changes to make it mine. My 1st change, is to add a set of suspension seats.The buggy came with a set of seats out of an Eclipse, that were bolted to the pan, and I don't like how the outer half of the seat belts were mounted.

A friend happen to have a set of old, beat up Beard Super seats, that he sold me for cheap(which fits the motif of this Zuk).
    When I got the seats home, I discovered that there wasn't enough room for the seats. The seats are 21" wide. The inside to inside measurement of the door bars is 42.5". That includes dealing with the tranny tunnel and T-case shifter. So here's what I did to make the seats fit.

Here's what I started with.

Pulled out the seats and cutting out the Door Bars

Mocking up,& tacking up the sub frame, that will be the seat mount

Burning the sub-frame together

All burned in and painted. Note, we also added a plate welded to the rocker, and the front part of the sub-frame, so I have 3 solid points of contact to the chassis. Plenty of strength, for this low speed rig.

New(to me) seats in there new home

Here's the home made tab, for the seatbelt mount

I had to put a bend in the Door Bars to allow for the seats.

I like the ease of entering and exiting with the low Door Bars. But I wanted to add some more safety. So, I made the last minute descission to add the short bars from the A pillar to the Door Bar

So, this is how it sits now. I can't get back to it till next week. I sure am enjoying doing this fab work. A special thanks to my buddy Anthony. With out his help and experience, This job wont be going so smoothly.
    Last edited by Tumbleweed13; 05-30-14, 12:59 AM.
    It was like that when I got here.

dam, gonna have to get you to make my seats tracks for the TJ

nice job, and now she's curvy
    You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

wow... very nice Joe! Not only are you handsome... you are also handy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
        wow... very nice Joe! Not only are you handsome... you are also handy!!!
        Thats what my wife tells me. Thanks for noticing. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
          dam, gonna have to get you to make my seats tracks for the TJ

nice job, and now she's curvy
          Bring it over! Anthony says it looks like a chick with curvy hips, now. I like that. It's still gonna be a K.I.S.S. rig. Just not so plain Jane.

Anybody, how do you do multiple "replies with quote", in 1 reply? Can't seem to figure that out.

Comment

Nice work!
            We have the same welder-Love mine.
            Guess Paula needs some classes now :hide:
            LG
            Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
              Nice work!
              We have the same welder-Love mine.
              Guess Paula needs some classes now :hide:
              LG
              That little 110 burner does a pretty good job. As long as I stay under 1/4"

Paula's not afraid to get dirty. She has already asked if I would show her how to weld.

Comment

That looks nice. Gives you more room in there. Good job!
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

that's looking sweet
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                  www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

"Anybody, how do you do multiple "replies with quote", in 1 reply? Can't seem to figure that out.[/QUOTE]

use the tab to the right of the reply with quote "+

I will agree with Anthony, and was going to say the same thing just didn't want to upset the little tike if it happened to be called a him (before).. in that case , it would be trans-gender buggy

Either way I like it
                    You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

About the only negative from pushing the seats out is that you run a higher change of ripping the sides of them on rocks, ask me how I know.
                      Darn things have come and visited me inside my Jeep more than once

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        About the only negative from pushing the seats out is that you run a higher change of ripping the sides of them on rocks, ask me how I know.
                        Darn things have come and visited me inside my Jeep more than once
                        Yeah, I thought of that. But I didn't have much choice. The driver side, is in as tight as possible. The passenger side sticks out a bit more, to clear the t-case shifter. Fortunately this rig is narrow. Even with older toyota width axles, the "body" is completely between the tires. Good thing the seats are cheap used one. That way I wont get mad they do get torn. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
                          "Anybody, how do you do multiple "replies with quote", in 1 reply? Can't seem to figure that out.

use the tab to the right of the reply with quote "+

I will agree with Anthony, and was going to say the same thing just didn't want to upset the little tike if it happened to be called a him (before).. in that case , it would be trans-gender buggy

Either way I like it[/QUOTE]

With these lines, its gotta be a her. LOL :cactus::cactus:
                          As for the "+. :homeroh

Comment

Well, I finished up the seat mount/Door Bar, part of the project. You'll note, the the seat belts aren't installed. I decided to do the harness bar, for the shoulder restraints (anybody know where I can get a good deal on Y style 2" wide shoulder straps?), and an X in the cage, tying the B hoop, harness bar and chassis together. But thats another job. You'll also notice the passenger seat stickes out further the the driver side. That's to make room for the T-case shifter. Overall, I'm very happy with how it came out.

Comment

Good job!
                              Now finish that AR. :gun:
                              LG
                              Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Working...
                              X