Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 bolt and 40's are made for one and another. Like Chucky says replace the crush sleeve with a solid spacer. It takes some major torque to crush that sleeve, just about gave me a hernia.
    Why not 4 link the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
      I am going to be converting both axles to 6 lug so i can make use of the 6 on 5.5 beadlocks i have already. It will take some creative machining but i think Butch can do it

Subscribed!

Stick with the 8x6.5 and get a set of BAD Wheels. Strong wheels and a great option if the rig is on the road a lot. Overall much stronger and it might be a wash once you sell your PS beadlocks and not convert back to 6x5.5.

Comment

I have to much $$ invested in the Spyderlocks now so im gonna stick with them....
        [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

you should have powder coated the beadlock ring red...

Brothers has great prices on lockers and and install kit if you are still looking. Just email Steve and tell him Brett sent you:

Steve Bernal <steve@brothers4x4.com>

Comment

Well I scored a 79 Ford HP 60 toaay with 4.10s and a detroit and all new seals and bearings and new king pins. I aslo picked up a dana 60 rear end ill be listing for sale soon and 2ea 12 bolt H1 wheels and 4 ea 24 bolt H1 wheels and 6 37 inch BFG bajas.

Comment

If you haven't already done work on the 14 bolt. Look for one from a work van. wms to wms is 69".
              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

OK guys now I have a question. Do you think i should replace the brand new detroit with a selectable locker?

Comment

My 2 cents is go with the selectable. I'm a fan... What price the D60 rear?
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I don't know anything from anything, however if you have a Detroit in the rear I would leave it, maybe run a selectable up front so the steering does not bind up as much when you are wheeling. Why spend the extra money?

Comment

OK well decision has been made Yukon Zip up front and ARB in the back only because they dont make a 14 bolt zip yet.

I havent really looked it over but i think it might be a dana 61 but it has 4.10 gears as well. so im gonna sell the rear ends and the new detroit

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                        I don't know anything from anything, however if you have a Detroit in the rear I would leave it, maybe run a selectable up front so the steering does not bind up as much when you are wheeling. Why spend the extra money?
                        The rear is open the front was the one with the detroit so im going to change it out

Comment

Try it and see how you like it. A lot of racers run the Detroits in the front and ARBs in the rear. I run detroits and have no turning problems.
                          Look at Currie's setup.
                          Last edited by curtis; 05-01-13, 08:29 AM.
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Those first couple photos convinced me that my D44 is not near as strong as I may have once thought.... Hmmmmmm......
                            USMC F&AM

Comment

Looks good man. I'm anxious to see the40s UNDER it. Those first couple photos convinced me that my D44 is not near as strong as I may have once thought.... Hmmmmmm......
                              USMC F&AM

Comment

Well just ordered 5.38s install kits and Front zip locker and ARB for the rear.

The guys at RWK Haus Supply took good care of me

Comment

Working...
                                X