Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well got the tie rod done up today. I wanted to have the Tierod on top of the knuckles but there are clearance issues with the track bar bracket. The pass side will get double sheared with a high steer arm.

diff cover clearance at full lock.

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Got all my hubs and rotors back form machining. Thanks JP5 for the awesome work. Now i can run the 6 on 5.5 wheels.

The new rotors are from a tacoma so an additional steel spacer had to be machined to make up the offset.

Comment

while all the hubs were at the machine shop I decided to upgrade the studs

Top new longer 14 bolt studs that are now on all 4 corners
        Middle Stock 14 bolt stud
        Bottom Stock F350 stud

Test fit in the wheel

I had to slightly clearance the new stud to fit now with the smaller bolt pattern

Comment

Finally got to set her on her own front feet.

Now to tear the axle back out and do the gears

Comment

Need to com up a bit in the back

looks like it will be close if i outboard the coilovers. So I might run a 1/2 spacer and that will give me a bit more clearance as well as almost perfectly match the front track width.

Comment

Looks good. I would take it out and see how it does first before the final product. I found that out in the rocks it will flex in different ways than in the garage.
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                Looks good. I would take it out and see how it does first before the final product. I found that out in the rocks it will flex in different ways than in the garage.
                I agree. Once its able to drive under its own power ill take her out and test it. then bring it home for final tear down and paint everything

Comment

Got the front sway bar done. need to now work on the bump pads

Comment

Loooking Gooood. Mas velocidad pendejo. I'll be dead before you get it back on the trail at this rate
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

But it will look good in the mall parking lot eh

Comment

At this rate im gonna be dead before its done LOL. My goal was to get the gears done this weekend but I dropped the fornt housing on my foot last week and pretty sure the foot is broken. I just couldnt do the pain anymore today we will see how it feels tomm

Comment

When heavy crap falls you are supposed to pull your foot away
                          I bet that heavy sucker hurt. I tried remodeling my foot with a big sledge once, cannot say I was impressed with the results. Daystar bump cans? Those bump ends most likely will not live real long. I remember Fred having trouble with those coming apart

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            When heavy crap falls you are supposed to pull your foot away
                            I bet that heavy sucker hurt. I tried remodeling my foot with a big sledge once, cannot say I was impressed with the results
                            I feel you pain. It doesnt help that i was wearing flip flops either lol

right now it feels like this

Comment

Bummer eh

Comment

Jeeps look great Scott. Nice work.
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X