Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
    Looks good man. I'm anxious to see the40s UNDER it. Those first couple photos convinced me that my D44 is not near as strong as I may have once thought.... Hmmmmmm......
    That's trick photography. In both cases, especially the ring gear pic, the 14bt gear is closer to the camera. The 14bt is a lot bigger and stronger, but not THAT much bigger. Also the 14bt pinion gear has an one more tooth than the 44. The JK rear dana 44 ring gear is almost 9" in diameter (8.9" IIRC; std D44 8.5", D60 9.75"), and the 14bt is 10.5". The JK 44 Pinion gear diameter is 1.625" (1.375" std D44, 1.625" D60), and the 14bt's is 1.75".
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
      My 2 cents is go with the selectable. I'm a fan...
      What he said. It's really nice being able to turn them off.
      Check out .

Comment

ESPECIALLY With a big tire (anything over a 35), if driven on street surfaces.
        *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Got some goodies today.....

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Brown Santa was busy today

Comment

Artec sure makes some pretty stuff. Gonna be nice and strong. Axle shaft, choices?
              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

For now Im going to stick with stockers. I plan on doing RCVs up front in the near future

Comment

Nothing new to report other than I did drag the 60 under the front. Ill start all the measuring and fun stuff this week.

Comment

I had a few spare minutes today so I decided to do some work on the Jeep. I am not sure what form of unicorn semen they used to weld the the stock spring perches on the 14 bolt but I hope i never have to cut another set of those off.

Got the rear truss set in at 0 deg with the pinon where i want it.

Spent a while measuring and remeasuring out front and looks like the oil pan clearance is close as well

Comment

Spring perches on those 14 bolts are on pretty good aren't they

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        Spring perches on those 14 bolts are on pretty good aren't they
                        What a pain. I bit overkill for them......

Comment

I've TRIED to cut a set of 14b perches off with a cutting wheel and sawzall. It was like the Ketstone cops. Ended up taking it to a friend with a torch.
                          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Hubs are getting machined down in prep for drilling the new bolt pattern

Comment

Nothing much to report.

I had a few spare minutes today so i got the axle side coilover mount tacked on and the front track bar bracket tacked one.

The worst part about junkyard axles is the million trips to diff part stores looking for all the bearings and seals and studs.......

Comment

Damn you aren't done yet? WTF? Hurry the Hell up man!
                                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X