Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 bolt and HP dana 60 in a JK

Well i told my self i wouldn't swap the axles until she was paid off well guess what!!

Im going to use a HP Dana 60 out of a 79 Ford F350 and a rear Chevy 14 bolt.

Sold both my rubi axles so now shes in the shop on stands patiently awaiting the transplant.

I think it will look good with 40's

Picked up a 14bolt SRW for $180

Time for the pig to loose some weight

Im gonna start ordering parts monday who has the best deal for gears and lockers? I think im just gonna do detroits front and rear
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Nice. I'm headed that way soon. gonna go axle shoppin... Can't wait to see her all re-shoed and everything...

Are you shaving the 14?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I am going to be converting both axles to 6 lug so i can make use of the 6 on 5.5 beadlocks i have already. It will take some creative machining but i think Butch can do it

Comment

I was hoping that the 14 bolt would be wider and give me the space to out board my rear coilovers but it is real close to the same WMS as my dana 44 is 65.5 the 14 bolt i have is 67 wms

14 bolt vs dana 44 pinion

Last edited by dr.dirty; 04-28-13, 02:06 PM.

Comment

On a full floater you can use wheelspacers without any ill effects to get the width you want

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            On a full floater you can use wheelspacers without any ill effects to get the width you want
            Oh yes, you are right sir. So there you go Scott!
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Gonna do the shave and the full 9 yards?
              holes = cowbell

Comment

I plan on it. Trying to decide if I want to do a detroit or go for broke and do an arb

Comment

What are you going to put in the front?
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Here are some of the brackets that ill be using. Im going to stick with the 3 link front and rear for now.

Comment

Sweet. This is going to be cool. Are you just grinding the 14 or going with the full cut?
                      Check out .

Comment

For now im just gonna grind it down. On a pretty tight budget and both axles need overhauled.

Comment

With those 40's you'll be fine with just the grind. I do have one recommendation for the 14. Don't use the crush sleeve. Get the solid spacer for the pinion. It will be easier later to replace the pinion seal that will leak. Trust me.
                          Check out .

Comment

I def will get the spacer. once i have them under the jeep ill start rebulding them and i will be bugging you and art so answer your phone HAHAHAH.

Comment

You call call me anytime...unless I'm
                              Check out .

Comment

Working...
                              X