Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivered to a happy customer (so far) this morning. Hermosa beach residents were ogling it all over the place. He's pretty happy, except I think he expected it to drive like a car, not a 60+ year old brick. He'll get used to it. On top of it all, he over 6 foot and BIG. Knees up around the steering wheel pretty much...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Just great, now I'm not the only OD green CJ blasting (err... putting.) down the coast line towns.

Tell him to take the back seat pad off, that will give him a bit more leg room. That's what I do.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• I'm glad to see it went home finally, I keep an eye out for you on the next willys that come into the shop. Always looking to help out. LMAO
        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

• Originally posted by freewaydan View Post
          I'm glad to see it went home finally, I keep an eye out for you on the next willys that come into the shop. Always looking to help out. LMAO
          Well, I dropped it off on Sunday morning and by Sunday afternoon I had distraught call from the owner that it died on the way home and the carb was belching gas all over the 3000 degree exhaust manifold. Found that the gas tank was still full of crap (sand, paint, rust and who knows what else). I flushed it out while it was here but apparently not enough. So now the carb is on my bench getting cleaned and re adjusted, and a set of serviceable filters are being installed in tandem to protect the carb. The filter in the fuel pumps is sadly inadequate.

Comment

• Doh!

The joys of owning a 60+ year old vehicle, haha! I have to clean the plugs on mine every 3 weeks or so, the carb runs rich and I don't know how to tune it.
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
              Doh!

The joys of owning a 60+ year old vehicle, haha! I have to clean the plugs on mine every 3 weeks or so, the carb runs rich and I don't know how to tune it.
              easy nuff. I can show ya how.

Comment

• Sweet

I've adjusted the idle mixture screw the way the handbook suggests, but I don't know about the inside rods and stuff. That's alot of little parts, haha!

I suspect it's running rich, cause the plugs are always black.

Comment

• Nice work keeping her alive. I can't imagine a big dude driving a stock one. I have short legs and I could barely fit in mine stock.

Have you ever seen the PTO driven, hydraulic two man chain saw? Here is a pic (saw across the top of the tailgate):

Comment

• better pic:

Comment

• I've seen photos of an icecream maker hooked up to the PTO.

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                        Sweet

I've adjusted the idle mixture screw the way the handbook suggests, but I don't know about the inside rods and stuff. That's alot of little parts, haha!

I suspect it's running rich, cause the plugs are always black.
                        If the carb has a needle stuck in the main jet lower it a little will lean it out some

Comment

• After trying to clean the tank three times, it is getting a new tank made. There is a coating in the old tank that keeps coming off and clogging the fuel filters I just installed. And the hits just keep on coming. Other than that, it runs and looks good. Looks like I will be rebuilding the steering very soon. Dave does not like the wandering gypsy...

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post
                            better pic:

I could cut some serious treeage with that baby...

Comment

• Originally posted by RAT View Post
                              After trying to clean the tank three times, it is getting a new tank made. There is a coating in the old tank that keeps coming off and clogging the fuel filters I just installed. And the hits just keep on coming. Other than that, it runs and looks good. Looks like I will be rebuilding the steering very soon. Dave does not like the wandering gypsy...
                              [COLOR="#800000"]As we discussed, even with all new steering, that set up is gonna have a lot of play with all the linkage involved. Maybe he won't like it and wanna sell it!!???[/COLOR]
                              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• mine drives pretty good, doesn't wander to much. The steering has a good bit of play in it, but it's not all that bad once you get used to it. He probably just needs to drive it around town for a few days before he's used to it. (but I guess taht's kinda hard if the fuel filter keeps on clogging!) It's alot different than driving a modern jeep!

Comment

Working...
                                X