Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What year is it? I had a '43 Ford GPW for quite a few years. The "F" script was all over that little flatty. I think it had personality issues because it had a Chevy Iron Duke engine.

Steve
    All slow and no show

Comment

I thought a 3B was the high hood flat fender? I'd clean it, paint it, and enjoy it. They are fun to drive with an overdrive. Kevin.

Comment

The list so far:
        New shocks
        New Ujoints
        New Brake drums, shoes and hardware
        Master Cylinder
        Carburetor
        Headlights (6 volt)
        Tail lights
        Marker lights
        Turn signals (need turn signal switch and lever)
        Windshield
        New fuel lines
        Fuel filter
        New tires
        Weld broken transfer case cross member
        Weld frame at front bumper
        Weld frame at right rear
        Straighten or replace drag link
        Drain and refill differentials
        Oil and filter change engine
        Tune up (spark plugs, rotor, cap, wires)
        Tie in spare gas tank
        Fix latch on glove box
        Clamps for intake plumbing
        Clean air filter
        Clean surface rust and treat with Rust buster
        There will be more I'm sure but that is the list as of tonight.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
          I thought a 3B was the high hood flat fender? I'd clean it, paint it, and enjoy it. They are fun to drive with an overdrive. Kevin.

Yea, that one looks like a 3a to me?

Indeed, put overdrive in it! i just put overdrive in my 2a this weekend, I can easily keep up with traffic around town up to about 50mph. Still not freeway ready, but with 5.38 gears, small tires and an engine that doesn't rev very high, a freeway isn't going to be in sight for my jeep!
          Last edited by daniel_buck; 07-02-12, 07:47 AM.
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I can't find the VIN number so it's proving difficult to get the exact model but I think you guys are correct that it is a 3A.

Comment

welcome to the problem i was having
              The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Kurt, if you are going to be redoing things, maybe convert it to 12v? It'll start easier.
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                  Kurt, if you are going to be redoing things, maybe convert it to 12v? It'll start easier.
                  [COLOR="darkred"]If it were Kurt's Jeep, I bet he'd do that. I think he's mostly concerned about getting the funding from the owner to replace the list of stuff he's identified already.[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                  Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

ah, true. If it's going to be driven alot though, 12v would be nice :-) I like the sound of a 6 volt starter though. Wop... Wop... Wop... WoPOW chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga-chuga

haha :-D

Comment

No 12 volt conversion for this one. This is not going to be an offroad vehicle looks like. Just gonna get it mechanically sound and streetable. After that he may decide to do more to it.

Comment

personally, I'd consider 12v under the category of "mechanically sound and streetable", but I know a lot of guys run 6 volt with no problems. I guess it is a good number of items that you need to change out if you go 12v.

If you do go 12v though, I've got some 12v headlamps I'm not using that I took off my 2a. They should bolt right in, you're welcome to them.

Comment

After a bunch of surfing I have this thing narrowed down to a 49-51 CJ3A. A few more things to look at and I will have it down to the exact year. The VIN tag is gone and from I am reading there is no frame number stamp. Haven't found one, so not going to go crazy looking for it. The Engine block S/N could be used to trace the history IF the engine is original. Thankfully most of the parts I need are generic to the breed at least within a couple years.

Comment

If the site's still up, ewillys.com or earlycj5.com may have some input. IIRC, the earliest 3A's still had the rear crossmember M2 .50cal mount because they were MB frames.
                            God forgives, rocks don't
                            -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                              She is running, stopping, backing up and shifting. And FUN as HELL to drive. And this is only the beginning.

IMAG0848 (1) by MJR RAT, on Flickr
                              That thing is small. Looks 3/4 scale, compared to the other 2. I like the 3spd stick. Its the same shift pattern, in my 68 camero, I had. Good times.
                              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                                That thing is small. Looks 3/4 scale, compared to the other 2. I like the 3spd stick. Its the same shift pattern, in my 68 camero, I had. Good times.
                                Yep, Americans were much smaller back then

Comment

Working...
                                X