Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if anyone is interested in it they want $8000.00 for it. Call Redondo Glass in Redondo beach ca and they can tell you all about it
    The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
      Naa, just curious. This one here now is PITA enough. But it would be fun to have one. So any luck finding tires? I want to break these wheels down and wire brush and paint them. Figure the break down part could happen somewhere in Hermosa Beach?
      Break down in hermosa beach hell no! ill call you later
      The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

8,000? must be a nice one?

Kurt, I'm going to be putting radial tires on mine, they should arrive by the end of this month. You interested in my old tires? They are pretty new. They just ride so rough (bias ply)

I'm going to be putting on new wheels as well ("new" cj5 wheels), so the wheels would be available as well, they seem to be in pretty good condition, though they have been sprayed green.
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
          8,000? must be a nice one?

Kurt, I'm going to be putting radial tires on mine, they should arrive by the end of this month. You interested in my old tires? They are pretty new. They just ride so rough (bias ply)

I'm going to be putting on new wheels as well ("new" cj5 wheels), so the wheels would be available as well, they seem to be in pretty good condition, though they have been sprayed green.
          how much do you want for the tires? Possibly the wheels too
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I just came across a picture of what the timing marks on a F head are supposed to look like.

Left side is 5 degrees advanced, right side is 0. Is yours missing this part?

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
              I just came across a picture of what the timing marks on a F head are supposed to look like.

Left side is 5 degrees advanced, right side is 0. Is yours missing this part?
              Thats all fine a dandy but there is NOTHING on the timing cover or the pulley. ANYWHERE!!! Its ok, I tune by ear pretty well...

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                Thats all fine a dandy but there is NOTHING on the timing cover or the pulley. ANYWHERE!!! Its ok, I tune by ear pretty well...
                If it's the original engine it's not an F-head, it's an L-head. Timing marks are on the flywheel:

http://www.vernco.com/Tips/id743.htm

Comment

Originally posted by EricMCJ5 View Post
                  If it's the original engine it's not an F-head, it's an L-head. Timing marks are on the flywheel:

http://www.vernco.com/Tips/id743.htm
                  Yep. Thanks. I'll tell you, for a 60+ year old engine, this thing runs sweet. I hope I run this good hen I'm 60!

Comment

yea, there's a little round cover that you slide over to view the flywheel marks. Which reminds me, I should check my timing sometime :-\
                    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Originally posted by EricMCJ5 View Post
                      If it's the original engine it's not an F-head, it's an L-head.
                      That's right, I always mix those two up (L head and F head). carry on!

Comment

That's right, I always mix those two up (L head and F head). carry on!
                        Jonah, you need to get one, then you won't forget!

It is confusing, you'd think the "F" in F head meant "flat" instead of the intake/exhaust valve arrangement.

Eric

Comment

Ha ha, yeah that is where my brain always goes. I used to have an F in my first 3b. It ran pretty well but I like the V6 in my current one. Although I have to admit to looking at a 5.7 the other day, now that would be fun

Comment

Ha ha, yeah that is where my brain always goes. I used to have an F in my first 3b. It ran pretty well but I like the V6 in my current one. Although I have to admit to looking at a 5.7 the other day, now that would be fun
                            Would be hard to go wrong with a SBC with your setup.
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

Well, it's been a while. Been in Colorado or working, or waiting on parts. This CJ is like a christmas present that keeps on giving. Everytime I fix something, something else pops up that needs attention. The brakes are done but the brake light switch keeps coming on for no reason (well theres a reason, I just haven't found it yet). The transmission is full of sludge, the steering is in horrible need of some new parts and the spring pack on the drivers side front axle is flat so the jeep leans way over to that side. Other than that, the Jeep is coming along nicely. Wish I was done already but I want to make sure its a good as I can get it. I'll have some pics a video of me jumping speed bumps in the street soon...

Comment

most of these willys seem to lean a bit to the right, the "willys lean" I believe people refer to it as :-)

more photos!!! :-D

Comment

Working...
                                X