Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's mostly going to be 1.5" tube, most likely 0.120 w all so I can use the tube bender to route the darn things through the jungle gym

Comment

• Question Art. Why not mount the radiator on the diagonals there in the rear? That radiator is right behind your head. The fan is gonna be loud and like you said, coolant is hot as Hell if a hose blows. Mounting it back further solves both of those issues.:2:
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• With the fan drawing air and the piping at the back of the radiator I doubt coolant spray will be an issue. Running the coolant pipes all the way back would be an even bigger pain. I am pretty sure I can live with the fan noise. If not I have a torch and welder. Gotta have something to stay entertained with

Comment

• My friends LJ Rubi had an (taurus) electric fan fail on the way home from Big Bear and the top radiator blew off and spit hot fluid and melting plastic all over the engine bay. My suspicion is the cap also failed because it should have been relieving pressure.

Please make it safe.
          You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Maybe make a sheet metal barrier?
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Trying my hand at pipe fitting, manipulating some old fence pipe into something I can copy for my coolant pipes.
              Is more doable then I had originally thought

coolant piping (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

coolant piping (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Any reason you couldn't use the fence pipe for the coolant? I use a piece of fence pipe for a cheater bar when I need to bust rusted bolts, it seems to be plenty strong.
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Fence pipe is to heavy and a larger diameter then I need, but easy to bend and I have a bunch of it, so good for mockup

Comment

• Copper pipe is easy to work with and has a bazillion fittings to route it however you need. Since it's for coolant you can use 60/40 solder and make it easy to sweat together. Just make sure the pipe is well secured. Only issue is the expense.
                    God forgives, rocks don't
                    -sons of thunder

Comment

• Just going to use 1.5" 0.120 wall tubing so I can bend it in the tubing bender. Lay a bead on each end so the hoses stay put. Also makes
                      mounting easy, just weld them to the frame

Comment

• Yeah, and if you have any exposed copper whatsoever you won't be able to park it anywhere in the high desert... damn tweekers!
                        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                          Yeah, and if you have any exposed copper whatsoever you won't be able to park it anywhere in the high desert... damn tweekers!
                          Ahh yes, the tweekerzzz. Don't you have some copper projectiles you want to contribute to their noble cause?

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            Trying my hand at pipe fitting, manipulating some old fence pipe into something I can copy for my coolant pipes.
                            Is more doable then I had originally thought

coolant piping (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr
                            Are you going to leave it that close to the headers? Might be adding heat there.

Comment

• The upper tube is the hot coolant out so lil more heat wouldn't be the end of the world. Most likely bend it out of the way a bit more also.
                              Just bought the tube and more welding gas. Darn stuff is getting expensive. On the bright side last bottle of welding gas lasted a year to the day

Comment

• Art your stuff is always so pretty... well organized and clean o

Comment

Working...
                                X