Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It keeps things in place, I like to secure hard lines so they do not flex, say at the wheels or at control arms you want to secure the hard line so the hose flexes and not the steel line. Not that hard to drill a hole in a piece of strap, get a clip and secure the hard line. As far as fittings gores Jeggs has pretty much anything you want. We are lucky enough to have a place here in Ontario that has all that and then some in stock and can pretty much make up any hose you can dream of

Comment

• Lookin good Art. I agree about the hard brake lines. When they start flexin, bad things happen. The 2-into-1 exhaust looks good. You could have gone one step farther and and made a 6 into 1 like the Indy cars. Sounds bitchin...
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• When it runs it sounds bitching, it moves steers and stops. Brakes need more bleeding and the darn engine keeps crapping out. Gotta figure out whats up with that. Didn't do that before it disintegrated. On the bright side it's hitting on all 6 cylinders.
        Darn Scrappy is light in the ass though. Spins the rear tires like nothing. Might fudge with the powersteering pulley some to pop up the volume at idle. Airshocks seem to behave themselves, no bad lifting unloading so far. Rode in an XJ with 16 and 18" airshocks and that thing was downright scary maker a turn slightly off camber and it felt like it wanted to roll, the slider would just about touch the ground it seemed like.
        Last edited by aw12345; 03-22-14, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Looks like I have the running problem solved/ traced down to a specific area. Wasn't to far of with a fuel related problem.
          Tried to figure out the Nissan flash code thingy on this ole gurl, seemed to indicate mass airflow sensor. Fudged with the wires to it and it would stall at will took the thing off, stuck it back on reconnected the wire plug and the darn thing seems to run like a striping arse dog.
          Made a quicky video darn thing sounds loud and wicked when you romp on it. Also the led on the ecm turns green now, was showing red yesterday afternoon. Pretty happy about all of that.

https://vimeo.com/89864899
          Last edited by aw12345; 03-23-14, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Looks like the manual shifter switch works as intended also Yeah. As far as I can tell it shifts 1-2-3-od and back. Pretty cool. Now more wiring. Will see if I can get the stock cluster gauges and some of the idiot lights to work.

Comment

• Drove it out of the garage, into the street and nosed it back into the garage yeah

https://vimeo.com/89880144

Comment

• Sweet! Hard to tell what it sounds like, but nice to see that it moved on it's own power
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Congrats Art. You going to tear it all apart now and paint?
                  Check out .

Comment

• [COLOR="#800000"]Can't load videos at work, but great to hear you got it figured out!!! Can't wait to be at this stage myself!![/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                      Congrats Art. You going to tear it all apart now and paint?
                      Gonna finish boogering it up first. Might paint some more of the tube work in the coming weeks, before it moves out of the garage

Comment

• woo hoo.... Allergy medicine aisle here I come.
                        You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• After getting my truck smogged today, I found some time to tinker
                          First wired two 70 amp relays, for the low and high speeds of the cooling fan.

Anyway ran it through a Maxi fuse holder, powers both relays.

Made a switch panel and secured it.

Also build a floor for the driverside.

Comment

• Sure looks better with a bit of sheetmetal

Guess it's time for the dreaded list

Regear axles, make front driveshaft.
                            Plumb ARB compressor and tank.
                            Weld on grille
                            Clean all wiring
                            Finish sheetmetal work on floor use some sheet metal grating to stop gravel spray and still allow to see the front tires.
                            Make new fuel lines.
                            Install and wire gauges
                            Finish welding on cage
                            Make a rack for cooler and tool bag
                            Finish exhaust and install muffler.
                            Install hi volume powersteering pump and make brackets for it
                            Plumb powersteering cooler
                            Install trans cooler fan
                            Install winch
                            Install rear suckdown winch
                            Rig some led lights up front
                            Machine wheelspacers. Done

Well that just about should get me to a shakedown run
                            Last edited by aw12345; 04-07-14, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Did a bit of milling yesterday to avoid more of this happening

Ended up looking like this, needs some machining of the bolt heads for clearance, but looks like I got that figured out, didn't want to cut to deep into the wheel spacers. Bolts gonna end up looking like button heads.

Buddy also gave me some sheetmetal, which led to this

Gonna hit the steel yard in a lil for some angle iron to built some more tabs and frame to mount the sheetmetal on.

Last edited by aw12345; 04-07-14, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• I love progress

picture053 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture054 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X