Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks nice. I like it. Any plans to cover it with something, or you gonna leave it?
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Most likely going to get an aluminum roof. Keeps rocks out when you lay it upside down

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        Most likely going to get an aluminum roof. Keeps rocks out when you lay it upside down
        Also helps keep the cage from sinking in if it flops into any loose sand or mud. Looks great Art!
        God forgives, rocks don't
        -sons of thunder

Comment

• picture068 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Made a nice battery cable and got it secured, shortened the fuel pump wiring, still works too, go figure. Secured that also. Gonna try and finish the seat belts tomorrow. Need to make 2 shoulderbars and a a attachment point for one lower seatbelt. Going to try and secure the fuel lines to my liking and finish routing and securing the powersteering hoses. Hope to pick up some aluminum sheet to make a dash and a rear panel so I can make a basket for tools and my cooler. Seems to me that will fill 2 days. Also got a Grizzly locker and a gear install kit in the mail. Kinda cool making progress on this jalopy

Comment

• starting to look pretty darn legit!
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Thats a hell of a to do list. But it sure feels good, when you accomplish your goals. Can't wait for the shakedown run. Let me know, and I'll be there. Looks good.

Comment

• Just puttering along, scratched a few more of the list

Other than 2 burns on my arm, not a bad day at all. Shoulder belt bars and mounts done. Lap bar mount brace done seats and belts permanently installed, floors done. Powersteering hoses mounted to my liking. On to securing and improving fuel line routing and mounting. Not a bad day's work at all

picture073 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture071 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture070 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture072 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• picture074 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Front 2 spaces will get this stuff to keep flying rocks out, but allow me to see the tires

picture076 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Gonna love the narrow body

picture078 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture079 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture080 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Working on another piece of the puzzle

picture081 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Tinker tinker, the exhaust pipe grew a bit

picture086 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture085 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• That's gonna be quite the hot seat. Exhaust wrap?

Comment

• Art, on my buggy the muffler is under the driver seat. It is wrapped heavily with exhaust insulation. I also taped reflective insulation to the bottom of the seat. It can still get warm....which is good during the winter. I am trying to come up with an idea for better isolation of the muffler heat. Looks like you have some kind of corrugated thing on top of the muffler or is that something else?
                          Rich

Comment

• wonder how effective jet coating is? I'm thinking about getting the exhaust in my willys jet coated. At least the pieces connected to the turbo anyway.
                            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Rich it a piece of heat shielding from my TJ, stuff works great, part that comes up will get a heat shield and some of the heat shielding material.
                              Going to visit the junkyard to find me some more of this stuff. Summit sells it in tiles, but it's pretty darn pricey

Comment

• I think heat shielding the firewall and what not would be more effective. Turbo exhaust after the turbo doesn't get all that hot. Turbo removes a massive amount of heat

Comment

Working...
                                X