Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup it was so little lol and they grow up so fast
    One tire is fixed and back on the Jeep 2 more to go and I should stick pretty good in Moab

Comment

• Started some more Jeep tinkering today, messed with one of my tires, is half way done. Letting the rubber cement cure
      Also looked at my windshield, jerry rigged a cutter tool, works pretty darn well. Took about 30 minutes to cut the Urethane sealant all the way around the windshiel and the mounting gasket that hold the windshield is still reusable.
      On a TJ Wrangler you lay the windshield flat, take all the molding of the inside of the windshield frame and cut the Urethane sealant from the backside as close to the steel windshield lip as you can.
      I used a bread knife that I put a bend in so I could cut close to the steel inner lip of the windshield frame.
      For safety sake dull the rest of the knife except for the area after the bend that you use for cutting the sealant. so you don't cut the snot out of your fingers and wear gloves to keep glass splinters out of your hands. Other than that it's an easy process

Comment

• I really need to replace mine. but last time i tryed to install one i broke it.
        You can make it

Comment

• How's the remodel project coming along Fred?
          I need to do a bit of grinding on this darn windshield, other than that you put the gasket around it lay a thick bead of urethane sealant and gently push the windshield in it and that's it

Comment

• Went for a little test at Cleg. Found the steering moving to far and hitting the links with tire. Fixed it with some spacers placed inside ram.Need to get out and shake it a little more

You can make it

Comment

• Dayum! Looks like you hit 111" or close to it!
              holes = cowbell

Comment

• Freddy has been wanting a big 111" for awhile, just took some time to get there. Looks good Fred.
                Wanna do some roaming around tomorrow? Also what radiator did you find?
                Still want to lower the hood of mine somewhere this summer. I like the spot for the suckem down winch.
                Last edited by aw12345; 05-12-13, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• I thought that thing was bad before! Looking great.

Comment

• Got the rad from CFR performance 22x16 1/2 dual row cross flow. seems to do the job the fan is one i had laying around not to sure about it though. Was thinking about hitting Cleg at the lake toward 15 half way then back and over to 2n17x.
                    You can make it

Comment

• I like the window cutter. I wish we had it when Brett flopped, cutting the glass out was the longest part of the operation.

Comment

• Want to do that tomorrow afternoon?. By the way how does the steering feel at higher speeds?

Comment

• Tomarrow was what i was thinking. Havent had it up to fast yet but at 40 its just like before.
                          You can make it

Comment

• Tomorrow will work, will have to see if my beast wants to run lol.
                            Atleast it's sitting on all it's shoes again

Comment

• Been screwing with the windshield, fun to put it in a previously demolished frame. Got it to fit pretty good though

Comment

• Subtle add on made my day

Comment

Working...
                                X