Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like you're gonna have to get your "lil darling" on the trail and test out the new mods soon
    You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• One side done, doubt it will bend again.
      Yes it likes to visit trails and doesn't like sitting still, so a trail ride or two some time soon is definitely in order

Comment

• Art, don't throw more steel at that issue, finesse it. My anti rock brackets did the same thing until I realized they aren't made for the kind of flex that my suspension has. I made all four corners quick disconnects. When I know I'm gonna be flexing hard I disconnect them and everyone is happy.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Nah I like the thing hooked up. Improved the angle of the thing moved the bracket to a better location and that'll do er just fine.
          The whole thing started last week when the nut on the arm got caught under the frame rail, gave a nasty pop.
          The AR axle mounts on my lil yellow Jeep bend the same way amnd I seriously doubt that one has even close to the same wheel travel
          They way I see it those bars live on KOH race buggies so cannot see why it will not live on my put put Jeep. The mount plates from Currie are just to long. It has held up to a fair amount of trail abuse in the last three years so cannot see why all of a sudden it will not function as intended. One of the reasons I like it is that it balances the rear and front suspension nicely when flexing
          Last edited by aw12345; 04-14-13, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Ok. Ya change yer mind I have the part numbers for the hood pins and stuff
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• For my lil Jeep I would love to cook up some sort of quick disconnect so you can change the rod location on the arms quickly without using wrenches. That would be something I would like.

Comment

• Art, how much droop will you have before your control arm hits the tab?
                holes = cowbell

Comment

• On my buggy I mounted at the axle in double-shear.
                  Rich

Comment

• That would work also, the brackets I made are 1/2" flat stock should remedy that noise

Comment

• Originally posted by RAT View Post
                      Art, don't throw more steel at that issue, finesse it. My anti rock brackets did the same thing until I realized they aren't made for the kind of flex that my suspension has. I made all four corners quick disconnects. When I know I'm gonna be flexing hard I disconnect them and everyone is happy.
                      I did the same thing.
                      Check out .

Comment

• Well Chucky I like mine hooked up, hasn't given any serious problems in the last 3 years so I doubt it will now

Comment

• I hope so. Like Kurt said those things don't like a lot of articulation.
                          Check out .

Comment

• Questions
                            1. Are the axle tabs bending because.
                            a. The sway bar will not twist enought for the amount of travel?
                            b. The links bind up because of placement of axle bracket?

1.To me why have an antirock if you need to disconnect it at times?
                            2. Is that how Currie designed it to work?
                            3.Is that what the guys do when in the KOH race?
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• The brackets that come with the universal kit are quite long and see some serious forces on them
                              it doesn't have to much travel 3 years of hard wheeling without ever disconnecting it pretty much says so.
                              The stock front axle brackets on a stock front dana 30 on a TJ will bend with an anti rock bend also, does that imply you should disconnect it? Hell no, disconnecting an offroad swaybar offroad is down right silly to me, but that is just my opinion.
                              KoH rigs have lots of axle travel and leave them connected and so am I. Until the torsion bar breaks I am not disconnecting it, it's one those things that makes my Jeep work well, so why mess with it. i started messing it mainly because one of the heim nuts got caught under the frame and when it slid past it made a nasty pop. So when the wheels were off I decided to improve upon the angle of the arms and connecting rods as well as the axle side brackets.. Just ab out done with the whole shebang. One more little ramp under the frame rail and happiness will ensue.
                              Then on to buying some good tire patches and Hammer time, been wanting to take a go at SOS

Comment

• Yeeh Ya unbelievers lol

Plenty of clearance at full droop

This whole affair moved the mounting points 2" further forward, thus reducing total amount of travel of the swaybar at full flex win win all the way baby yeah!
                                Last edited by aw12345; 04-15-13, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X