Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess we should make a phone list so we can help each other out since Curtis and me were up in Arrow head having fun. I have a ton of tools on board. Still sounds like the engine locked up solid. Time for a snorkel or a better airfilter setup, big time bummer, but atleast the Jeep performed well.

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      I guess we should make a phone list so we can help each other out since Curtis and me were up in Arrow head having fun. I have a ton of tools on board. Still sounds like the engine locked up solid. Time for a snorkel or a better airfilter setup, big time bummer, but atleast the Jeep performed well.
      I was thinking the same thing Art.
      Dennis and Tammy
      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

• This is what I love about this site. The willingness to help each other out. Thank you guys. You guys truly rock.

Update: We are running again. No damage done to the motor. I replaced the starter, drained the water, replaced the plugs, and it fired right up. Not one sign of water in the oil. Got to love Chevy.

I ordered my new springs today so we should be back on the trail soon.
        Check out .

Comment

• Glad you and Jeep are OK! That's why I trailer my junk! The next time I drive to the trail I know it will break down. The last time I drove to the trail (Calico) I broke the rear pinion yoke and driveshaft! Who carries a pinion yoke? I do now!
          http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

• Some Pics!

Hey Chuck! I'm glad the Jeep is healthy again. Here's some pics from the day.

Racing stance on the freeway:

Prepping to hit the trail:

Testing the flex before we hit the trail:

Hydrolocked!:

TJ Powered:
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

• Well Chuck, the grin on your face in the photo where you are testing the flex before you hit the trail pretty much sums it up.

Good job man.
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

• X2 on the big grin .Great pics Mike,except that TJ power thing The freeway shot is one mean looking CJ
                Dennis and Tammy
                Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

• Originally posted by provelogear View Post
                  Glad you and Jeep are OK! That's why I trailer my junk! The next time I drive to the trail I know it will break down. The last time I drove to the trail (Calico) I broke the rear pinion yoke and driveshaft! Who carries a pinion yoke? I do now!
                  Unfortunately the Jeep does not fit on my trailer anymore.:dunno: Got to sell it and get a wider one.
                  Check out .

Comment

• Mike you were right. It does look mean on the freeway. Hopefully the popo won't bother me about the tires sticking out.
                    Check out .

Comment

• Well Chuck, since you have been in the building mode make strong fenders and drive over them, should fix the trailer issue

Comment

• Looks really good man! Great job!!!!

Comment

• Chuck, It looks like yer face was outta control with joy!! Really cool..Good Stuff there my bro..
                          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                            Unfortunately the Jeep does not fit on my trailer anymore.:dunno: Got to sell it and get a wider one.
                            Let me know i need a trailer
                            [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                              Well Chuck, since you have been in the building mode make strong fenders and drive over them, should fix the trailer issue
                              I think I'm done with the building for a while. I need a break.

Originally posted by SoCalinIt View Post
                              Looks really good man! Great job!!!!
                              Thank you Steve.

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                              Chuck, It looks like yer face was outta control with joy!! Really cool..Good Stuff there my bro..
                              Thanks Geebo. I think I had that same look on my face all day....at least up to the water crossing. :hide:

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                              Let me know i need a trailer
                              Sure thing. I'll keep you posted
                              Check out .

Comment

• The build looks like its going good. Hey i have a question for aw12345. you have info on ford d60's? ive been looking for ford axles for my yj, found a 60 rear and a 44 front but would prefer a 60 in both ends.

Comment

Working...
                                X