Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so your saying that i should have plated top and bottom right? i can see what you meen... i had lifted the tub for the initial weld and planned on plating all sides but i ended up not cuz i didnt have room for the back weld with out lifting it again....

but do you think that it is strong enuf how it is now? i also dont have a brake to bend the sheet over the top... thought about putting a piece of the 2x4 on the bottom cut to fit in.
    starvin student...

Comment

Originally posted by sahara0207 View Post
      so your saying that i should have plated top and bottom right? i can see what you meen... i had lifted the tub for the initial weld and planned on plating all sides but i ended up not cuz i didnt have room for the back weld with out lifting it again....

but do you think that it is strong enuf how it is now? i also dont have a brake to bend the sheet over the top... thought about putting a piece of the 2x4 on the bottom cut to fit in.
      It's fine and would have been without the fish plate.
      I am Savvy.

Comment

starvin student...

Comment

Originally posted by sahara0207 View Post
          You might consider improving your welds just a tad by stopping your movement at the end of the weld with the trigger depressed to fill the craters and get rid of them.

Makes for a slightly better weld appearance and a slightly better weld.
          I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
            You might consider improving your welds just a tad by stopping your movement at the end of the weld with the trigger depressed to fill the craters and get rid of them.

Makes for a slightly better weld appearance and a slightly better weld.
            kind of like stick welding? go back like 1/8 and hold for a sec then release?

i am self taught and have nobody to tell me other wise ill try it out. thanks for the CC
            starvin student...

Comment

the jeep is now on its own weight. very exciting. i also plated the back frame with a T turned out sweet!

then i realized rubbin my helmets lens would not cut it and compared a new with the old as she cooked a cake...

and......

[COLOR="Red"]I CAN SEE![/COLOR]
              starvin student...

Comment

need more pics but well you know.
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

well am not hardcore for fabbing or even have a garage. but had to share it

I got the links just need the brackets and bridge for the rear. And got the links and joints for front but need more stuff for it.

your build is looking good man. you ever gonna wheel down this way.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

sweet bro. i hop i get down their soon. i want to do JV some time
                    starvin student...

Comment

finished the seat mounts. just need to do the harness mounts. plus i cut the tail light holes out with my friends plasma.... i need one now..... they are amaizing!!! and his is just a harborfreght one!

starvin student...

Comment

dude for someone who is "self taught" you are pretty darn good. most impressive. liked the skull on that reinforced corner, nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
                          dude for someone who is "self taught" you are pretty darn good. most impressive. liked the skull on that reinforced corner, nice touch.
                          thanks. im just learnin as i go...

i got a third bucket seat from my whole fam for my birthday... yes on bucket seat for the back.... its a three seater! ill be buildin a storage unit around it and a new center council. all tube framed then plated with aluminum
                          starvin student...

Comment

got the third seat in and the hood pins are now done... every thing is painted for now. and lights are in

starvin student...

Comment

cool shoes. do you weld in them?

is that a hydro bender or???
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

not mig but they are comfy for tig'n. its a air over hydro for my bender.... the tube is to clamp it.... im converting my JMR to hydro so it can be on rollers
                                starvin student...

Comment

Working...
                                X