Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brian4.2
    Ok the 26th! Kyle and I can probably get there. how far N of 15-10 is it? About that organ donor thing, can some one pack an extra arm ,I have trouble keeping them inside when rolling.
    It's actually an exit off the 15 in the Cajon Pass. If you get to the truck scales you've gone too far.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
      I'm planning on attending...I'll play the part of the FNG! :-)
      I'm planning on attending...can you handle two FNGs??
      If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
      KI6MLU

Comment

Not a problem!
        Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Jeri Lyn- how is Pilot Rock? Never been there. Can we get fairly stock jeeps through there? By-Passes?
          Supe
          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
          Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
            Jeri Lyn- how is Pilot Rock? Never been there. Can we get fairly stock jeeps through there? By-Passes?
            Hi Supe- Stock jeeps can make it, but it won't be easy. I would suggest at least a slight lift would help. Here's some photos from when I ran Pilot Rock last. There are bypasses available for some rough spots.

The ground is deceptive and the tires had a hard time getting a grip. There's a bypass on this I'll take this time.

Cleghorn is easy, with offshoots of varying difficulty. We'll take it first and see how the FNG's hold up. : Just kidding.... sort of

Pilot Rock 2N17x is off the 2N33, which is off Highway 173 at the dam day use area.

Cleghorn Road off ramp is approx 23 miles north on Interstate 15 from Interstate 10
            Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
              Hi Supe- Stock jeeps can make it, but it won't be easy. I would suggest at least a slight lift would help. Here's some photos from when I ran Pilot Rock last. There are bypasses available for some rough spots.

The ground is deceptive and the tires had a hard time getting a grip. There's a bypass on this I'll take this time.

Cleghorn is easy, with offshoots of varying difficulty. We'll take it first and see how the FNG's hold up. : Just kidding.... sort of

Pilot Rock 2N17x is off the 2N33, which is off Highway 173 at the dam day use area.

Cleghorn Road off ramp is approx 23 miles north on Interstate 15 from Interstate 10
              Wow, col pics! One of theFNG's here...I do have 2" ProComp springs and 31" tires. We'll play the second part of the trip by ear.

Anyone know what the daytime temps are up there?
              -Bob
              '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

WX is here: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/92345

Be very sure if you don't have lockers that you have legitimate recovery points FRONT and REAR.
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Whats that hills composition? Looks like sand and DG. Does it have a hard base under it?
                  97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                  WEB site

Comment

It's pretty soft - more so now than a few years back.
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                      Thanks!

Be very sure if you don't have lockers that you have legitimate recovery points FRONT and REAR.
                      Two hooks up front and one in the rear! Hopefully that will be suficient, and, not needed! LOL
                      -Bob

Comment

You'd be amazed at the amount of "home depot" grade hardware I've picked up off that trail over the years
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY

Comment

You'd be amazed at the amount of "home depot" grade hardware I've picked up off that trail over the years
                          I used half inch Grade 8 bolts...was told that was sufficient...yes? :-)
                          -Bob

Comment

I hope so - because there's more than a few on the YJ

What did you bolt into for the rear - I'm assuming the front's are into the stock holes.
                            Jeff
                            OHV76V
                            KG6TY

Comment

I hope so - because there's more than a few on the YJ

What did you bolt into for the rear - I'm assuming the front's are into the stock holes.

The fronts are bolted into the stock holes. The rear was done just like this:
                              http://www.stu-offroad.com/guards/gas/tj_hooks.htm
                              and yes, I only went through one wall of the frame rail, not both so that it wouldn't pinch the 'tube'!
                              -Bob

Comment

Outstanding!

I'm still spending my lunch times researching brake master cylinders/boosters for the YJ. Dana 60 rear, Dana 44 front, all disc - I need more volume and pressure (and don't want to pop for Hydroboost just yet).

Plus - Thanksgiving is a _very_ busy time at the airport!
                                Jeff
                                OHV76V
                                KG6TY

Comment

Working...
                                X