Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
    Problem with that is down time. Cost wise axle, gears and a new ARB would get in the 2000 dollar ball park.
    Tell ya one thing though, somebody is not working for cheap.
    I thought for sure she could be able to at least have the front reageared to something that she found in a rear dana 44 for less than 2g's...and at least she wouldn't have to worry about the d35 being in the rear anymore! i had the super 35 kit sitting in my garage waiting to be installed for months....just figured I couldn't trust it...never was comfortable with upgrading that axle for what we do....

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
    Ya, looked into that. I currently have a super 35. 4.56 gears. I don't have the luxury of having a down Jeep for days or weeks. Came across a Dana 44 with 5.13 gears. My front dana 30 can't use those. I can only go as low as 4.88. Not doing a complete gear change..again. Sometimes I have to bite the bullet and get things done quickly. Unless of course, you'd like to pay my bills until I can find a way back to work. :thumbs_up
    You still might be able to find one with matching gears and install it yourself....just a thought....

Comment

It's my DD. I need to get to work.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

It's my DD. I need to get to work.
        call a taxi

Comment

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetrai...%2f2D44TJ-A456

BOOM. Bolt that bad boy up on your "personal day." For an extra 300 bucks you have a 44 instead of 35...

Comment

The super 35 is strong enough. It's the gearing I'm not happy with. I'm not spending that kind of cash on 4.56 gears. And I'm not re-gearing again right now..Plus, if you guys haven't heard me yet...I Can't be down for days/weeks to do this. It's my DD!!!!!
            Jeep Girl

Comment

The super 35 is strong enough. It's the gearing I'm not happy with. I'm not spending that kind of cash on 4.56 gears. And I'm not re-gearing again right now..Plus, if you guys haven't heard me yet...I Can't be down for days/weeks to do this. It's my DD!!!!!
              The super 35 is not the issue, when you start beefing up the turdy five it comes down to the R&P that will fail.....and you like the skinny pedal in the rocks ...we're just trying to help you out so that you won't be spending 2,000 again in 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by SkylarM View Post
                http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetrai...%2f2D44TJ-A456

BOOM. Bolt that bad boy up on your "personal day." For an extra 300 bucks you have a 44 instead of 35...
                that's a good looking rear end my friend...good looking pictures by teh way too skylar!

Comment

That's BS. I simply can't crawl as slow as some of you b/c it's a 4 banger. If I don't crawl a tad faster in certain places, she stalls. I don't race the rocks. And if I wanted your opinion Christopher, I'll ask
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

That's BS. I simply can't crawl as slow as some of you b/c it's a 4 banger. If I don't crawl a tad faster in certain places, she stalls. I don't race the rocks. And if I wanted your opinion Christopher, I'll ask
                    I know all about the 4 banger dilemma, maybe before laying out all the coin, you might want to consider the Toolman jalopy again?
                    Would solve a bunch of your issues. Either way this is enough thread derailment, good luck with the repairs and I hope you make your Miller trail ride. Might want to revisit the econo box DD idea also or simply rent a car for a few days costs less than a day of work so you would still be ahead

Comment

sorry I have never seen you wheel so I wouldnt know back on topic

Comment

You think you know more than you do..but that's OK. I know it's just your nature.

And the Miller run is still on!

Happy trails!
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Simmer down now ladies... Who else has got pictures/ videos? I know I saw more cameras out there!

Comment

You think you know more than you do..but that's OK. I know it's just your nature.

And the Miller run is still on!

Happy trails!
                            ouch girl...just trying to help you out lol....so you don't make the same mistake twice....live and learn i guess

Comment

I think i have a couple more videos on my camera. I'll get them on here tomorrow.

Comment

Like I said Chris..

Can't wait to see the videos Gary
                                Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X