Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: May 18th-20th weekend in Calico!

Great weekend, great company. Thanks for coming out guys and gals. I'm pretty sure my dad is hooked now too.

Pics and you tube links or it never happened.

Comment

This is all I've got. I know that others had much better pics and video... I'm sure we'll see them in the next few days.

Comment

Here's the video's I posted in the other thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIjBZ...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IACeQ...e_gdata_player

Good pic's Skylar, seemed like your Dad was having a good time out there. Good meet your Dad, Dan, and Rob.

Comment

Good times!!!

Jeep's in the shop. Looks like ring and pinion and possible bearing..will know more after he opens her up. Hope she's good to go for my Miller run..ETA? 2-5 days depending on problem and parts needed that aren't coming out of Cali. Possible rear ARB seal/part of some sort..Keep ya updated. So, how in the world am I getting to work?? Problem #2 ..
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
            Good times!!!

Jeep's in the shop. Looks like ring and pinion and possible bearing..will know more after he opens her up. Hope she's good to go for my Miller run..ETA? 2-5 days depending on problem and parts needed that aren't coming out of Cali. Possible rear ARB seal/part of some sort..Keep ya updated. So, how in the world am I getting to work?? Problem #2 ..
            Riddin her hard sounds like. Maybe this time that arb seal will get fixed...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Sucks to hear that Lorie. Maybe thats why we kept smelling burnt gear oil on the trail? Did you drive it home, or have it towed?
              Last edited by Gary; 05-21-12, 10:05 AM.

Comment

I made it home, but she really started sounding bad. It's the rear ..oh well, can't change it, can only fix it. And I'm blessed I have the reserve cash to do so. I have a killer Miller run to put on this weekend. She's got to get fixed. ASAP
                Jeep Girl

Comment

They'll get it fixed.

Comment

I made it home, but she really started sounding bad. It's the rear ..oh well, can't change it, can only fix it. And I'm blessed I have the reserve cash to do so. I have a killer Miller run to put on this weekend. She's got to get fixed. ASAP
                    I'd say you could borrow the Limo but I have seen you wheel... :wink: Bumbed I missed this trip and bumbed I am gonna miss this next trip out too. Are you going to BB June 9th?
                    [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Good times!!!

Sounds like you are free to be my tansfer case lifter this week. Need to get that swapped tonight so I can get a drive shaft and u-joints order and be ready for the weekend
                      "A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools" -Thucydides

Comment

*Update*

My ass hurtz! LOL Oh I crack myself up! :whip:

My rear end was a mess...ring and pinion, bearing and my ARB locker; need a new one...coming to a nice grand total of $2000 to fix. I Love my Jeep! Tells me she'll be ready by the end of the day Tuesday (tomorrow) possibly, if not, Wednesday for sure. Parts come in Tuesday.

Of course I will help you Dan..I just don't have any wheels to get around right now. I called work and told them I was taking a personal day Tuesday. So if you wanted to do it tomorrow, come get me and I'll help you The only thing is, if my mechanic calls and my Jeep is ready, I need to be able to get it. I have no wheels to get to work..or anywhere for that matter!
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

*Update*

My ass hurtz! LOL Oh I crack myself up! :whip:

My rear end was a mess...ring and pinion, bearing and my ARB locker; need a new one...coming to a nice grand total of $2000 to fix. I Love my Jeep! Tells me she'll be ready by the end of the day Tuesday (tomorrow) possibly, if not, Wednesday for sure. Parts come in Tuesday.

Of course I will help you Dan..I just don't have any wheels to get around right now. I called work and told them I was taking a personal day Tuesday. So if you wanted to do it tomorrow, come get me and I'll help you The only thing is, if my mechanic calls and my Jeep is ready, I need to be able to get it. I have no wheels to get to work..or anywhere for that matter!
                          damn at that cost you could go with an even better rear end and get rid of the dana 35! hey wait a minute I thought you said you did all the work on your jeep yourself?!?!?

Comment

Problem with that is down time. Cost wise axle, gears and a new ARB would get in the 2000 dollar ball park.
                            Tell ya one thing though, somebody is not working for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by clg82 View Post
                              damn at that cost you could go with an even better rear end and get rid of the dana 35! hey wait a minute I thought you said you did all the work on your jeep yourself?!?!?
                              Ya, looked into that. I currently have a super 35. 4.56 gears. I don't have the luxury of having a down Jeep for days or weeks. Came across a Dana 44 with 5.13 gears. My front dana 30 can't use those. I can only go as low as 4.88. Not doing a complete gear change..again. Sometimes I have to bite the bullet and get things done quickly. Unless of course, you'd like to pay my bills until I can find a way back to work. :thumbs_up
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X