Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
    Jim I am so glad you are ok, did not get to talk to you much
    The Jeep you can fix and that is what insurance is for.
    I hope you feel still ok in the morning
    thanks ART, you have always been a good friend, maybe a ride to a few AAT days will sooth my aches
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

• I am sure we can hook that up for 8-8-09

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        I am sure we can hook that up for 8-8-09
        Great Run! Thanks Art for getting it together. Heres a couple pics i got:

scramblin'

at the bottom of the 5/405 split

Shoot Jim i knew i should have stopped. Glad to hear your doin ok. hopefully everything works out for the best!
        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

• Thanks Art for the night run good call nice and cool fun trail

few pics

Comment

• cleghorn

art thanks for puttin this run together . me and daughter (taylee) had a blast .love to do night runs .and thanks for letting us tag along on the return trip .hope we do this again ( bullfrog maybe)?????????

Comment

• Art, good to hear you are ok. Jeeps are replaceable, people aren't. Few scrapes and bruises will go away.

For those of you that did make the run last night, I did get the ol' beast home. After turning around in the first mile or so due to mechanical problems, I decided to take my boys that were with me to go cool off a bit. Found alittle shade area over on the west side of the 15 down by the the seasonal stream that runs through there. They did enjoy the short trail run that we did, especially my 6 yr old since he was riding shot gun, but also enjoyed playing in some cool water to cool off from the hot afternoon. So, the trip wasnt a total trash bag of:poop: It was nice to meet you guys. Thanks for the assistance on the trail. And by the way, after turning around, the ol beast never missed a beat all the way home. Im still thinking that the problem is vapor lock due to a fuel line being too close to the driver side header :dunno: I'll be looking into it in the next few weeks or so.
              Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

• Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
                For those who saw the Jeep on it's side on the 215 in San Bernardino, that was me.

<snip>
                Jim,

I'm really sorry to hear about your roll over.

I am glad to hear that you are OK and that the roll cage did its job.

Hopefully, your Jeep will be back up and running soon.

Christian
                "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

• Great run!

Well...this run turned out to be just right for me.

I did most of the side trails and aside from having to try a couple of different lines on a few of them, The Limo made it just fine.

There were a couple of places that I had some trouble with, because of how low my Jeep is combined with that long overhang in the back.

Of course, I skipped a few of the side trails. "One step at a time" is my motto. This run allowed me to take a couple of steps up without doing any major damage.

I was surprised that I didn't have more trouble with a few of the trails that I did do.

I really need to get rid of the carb and get the MPI on my engine. As the hill got steeper, gas delivery became a problem and stalling out on a hill is a drag.

Art, thanks for putting this together.

Christian
                  "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                    Well tonight was a learning experience. There were a lot of people that showed up. I think to many to chat with and not enough time...lol! Although I only talked to a few of you, I did make some good friends. From someone with no experience. This trail is not easy. The fire road was easy once we learned what was the actual fire road. The "options" were difficult. If your not experienced and want to do this trail. Take someone who will show you the ropes if you don't want to do the fire trail. Otherwise, there is some tough stuff. If I had to rate it. Five being extreme. I would rate the "option" trails a 3-4. The fire trail was a 1-2. If one is a dirt road, no rocks, no hills. I hope this helps out someone looking to do this trail coming from someone new at this.

See you on the trails

Ron
                    Ron,

I've got to agree with you on many of your points.

It would have been nice to have had more time to get to know people on this run. I know that it wasn't designed to be a Meet and Greet, but this underscores the fact that Meet and Greets are a great thing to have in addition to runs. I look foward to more Meet and Greets and getting to know people better on smaller runs in the future. There were lots of very cool people out there!

The first time I ran Cleghorn, I didn't do practically any of the options. I didn't want to just "go for it" and didn't want to walk them all before running them. Sticking to the main road is very easy for even most cars and I really enjoyed that the first time up.

This time I got to try "most" of the options. I think that the words "beginner" and "easy" are relative terms when many people use them. A nice lift and big tires would make most of what I considered difficult pretty easy.

I would say that from my perspective in a completely stock Scrambler that the optional trails on Cleghorn were "moderate" in some places and "difficult" at times "for me." I'm considering any thing that I have to take a second try at "moderate to difficult."

If it's someone's first time on these side trails (or other trails, in general), they are new to 4-wheeling and running a stock rig, I would agree that having someone to offer them a little extra guidance would be helpful and make it a much more comfortable experience. It keeps the "surprises" to a minimum when you're first getting started. I've found that the runs with Mitch (great88), Scott (OU8120, Roger and Mike (mkjeepers) have been great for that extra guidance and communication.

It was great meeting you and your family and I look foward to wheeling with you again sometime.

Christian

Comment

• Originally posted by headhunter View Post
                      Ron,

I've got to agree with you on many of your points.

It would have been nice to have had more time to get to know people on this run. I know that it wasn't designed to be a Meet and Greet, but this underscores the fact that Meet and Greets are a great thing to have in addition to runs. I look foward to more Meet and Greets and getting to know people better on smaller runs in the future. There were lots of very cool people out there!

The first time I ran Cleghorn, I didn't do practically any of the options. I didn't want to just "go for it" and didn't want to walk them all before running them. Sticking to the main road is very easy for even most cars and I really enjoyed that the first time up.

This time I got to try "most" of the options. I think that the words "beginner" and "easy" are relative terms when many people use them. A nice lift and big tires would make most of what I considered difficult pretty easy.

I would say that from my perspective in a completely stock Scrambler that the optional trails on Cleghorn were "moderate" in some places and "difficult" at times "for me." I'm considering any thing that I have to take a second try at "moderate to difficult."

If it's someone's first time on these side trails (or other trails, in general), they are new to 4-wheeling and running a stock rig, I would agree that having someone to offer them a little extra guidance would be helpful and make it a much more comfortable experience. It keeps the "surprises" to a minimum when you're first getting started. I've found that the runs with Mitch (great88), Scott (OU8120, Roger and Mike (mkjeepers) have been great for that extra guidance and communication.
                      It was great meeting you and your family and I look foward to wheeling with you again sometime.

Christian
                      I also agree and couldn't have said it better. Me too! Seeing you do some of them, actually made me think I could too. Not all. But, some of those. We did the first one and 3rd one I think. We followed. Then we choose the wrong trail towards the end. I think with a smaller group and "spotters" helping the new guys, it would have been easier to try those "options". But, the group was big and as you can see by the night pictures one on top of one another going up/down the hills made me feel un-easy trying it. But all-in-all we had a good time. Hope to see you out on the trail!
                      Last edited by Jeep4cern; 07-19-09, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Had a great time and got a lot of good idea's about what to do for my Jeep!

Sorry about your accident Jim.

Thanks for setting this up Art!

Thanks to XThread as well. Following him made it easy to find the right lines to take."Plus White and Black Jeeps look the best".

Comment

• Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
                          For those who saw the Jeep on it's side on the 215 in San Bernardino, that was me.
                          I was coming along and was being tailgated so I decided to switch lanes, well something led to something and the next thing I remember I was trying to correct a over turn, then I was sliding on my side
                          No Fire
                          Jeep looks amazingly good, the Orfab roll cage saved my life. I will never by another brand.
                          OK windshield lost, windsheild frame gone, 4 offroad lites toast, over the windsheild frame for lites gone. drivers door dented and out of shape, a loss, front drivers fender twisted, poison spyder rear corner saved my rear body work, oh my rear plastic fender is gone, damage to my wilderness tire carrier minimal. roll cage bent and scrapped to shit, but it is still recognizable as a roll cage and saved my life.
                          Damage to me, a nasty bruise on my back, my watxh is scarred from the slide but saved my wrist and i have a small, less than one square inch, abasion next to the watch area.
                          My pride is shot
                          Mable, my Jeep is a mess but I had to turn her off, she was still running, oncw upright I tride to start it and the fuse was out. will try in the morning.
                          Jeeps are tough, way tough, I think around 3 grand and she will be good as new.
                          The CHP officer asked if I wanted to drive it home. What? I asked, he said, it is a Jeep the y are rock solid . I had it towed till I get it repaired.
                          Why do I prefer jeeps over any other vehicle?
                          I just answered that, I still have the unlimited 4 door and the CJ6 running so I have transportation, but it just reafirmed why we only drive jeeps, they take a licking and keep on ticking.
                          Wow Jim! Glad to hear you are okay!
                          Regards,
                          Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

• hey Jim,

I am glad to hear you are OK fvrom your roll over. It gets me thinking, because after a Cleghorn run I just driove home on 15PSI with the sways disconnected. I believe that will be the ladt time I do that.

Anyway, I'm just glad you are OK, the Jeep is replaceable and I'm also going to invest in a roll cage.

-Shant

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                              hey Jim,

I am glad to hear you are OK fvrom your roll over. It gets me thinking, because after a Cleghorn run I just driove home on 15PSI with the sways disconnected. I believe that will be the ladt time I do that.

Anyway, I'm just glad you are OK, the Jeep is replaceable and I'm also going to invest in a roll cage.

-Shant
                              That's a little dangerous for you and the other drivers! Glad you got home ok and the others drivers still on the road did too

I took side streets home and skipped the freeway because I had 25psi..lol

Comment

Working...
                              X