Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
    bumpstops
    one of the common mistakes made lifting jeeps is not to tune up those bumpstops, most lift kits do little to deal with this and many guys have no clue as it is seldom talked about. Having the shock bottom out before the bumpstop stops it not only can kill the shock, but can rip the shock mount off.
    The bump stops were taken care of during the lift.

I've wheeled the Jeep through John Bull, Gold MOuntian, Miller Jeep Trail, Bullfrog, Cakewalk, Hammerdown, Cleghorn, 2N17X, Dishpan Springs, Odessa Canyon, Doran Canyon plenty of times since April of2008 and never had the shocks failed.

The on March 13 2009, I loaded up the Jeep with 42 boxes of Italian fine porcelain tile (12 x 12) (2,200lbs) and delivered it to Pasadena from Ontario. That's when it happened. One shock busted. Then I delivered another set about two months later and the other shock busted. The owners manual states the Jeep can carry 900lbs of passenger and cargo, but I didn't believe them, I Bashmobile had it in her! I'm glad I didn't snap an axle-shaft or something. Anyway, the rear shocks are dead!

But I have a set squared away from a fella MJR member. I'm going to pick them up on Monday and replace it.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

ok, so i'm gonna be at the mcdonalds off the 138 exit at 530-545 if any late runners want to meet up.. i'll be leaving there very shortly after i get there so if you do want to run together and meet up with the rest be at micky d's at that time.
      kevin 921 8437
      heres my rig.
      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

What time are you leaving Kevin if we miss the first train? For those who aren't in the area. I think Kevin's number is 909 area code.

Comment

will stay at the mc donalds until 6pm sharp... 909 is correct sorry.... channel 20 as well for anyone with a cb.

Those of you coming from LA area you have two options.
          1. take the 210 to the 15 north to 138 exit.

2. take the 10 E or the 60 E to the 15 N to 138.

Either way, at the 138 you take a right. you'll easily see the mcdonalds just off the freeway. theres also a gas station right next to it. from there will will take a short paved bypass and meet up with the rest hopefully.

mcdonalds parking lot GPS location: 32°18’32.55”N 117°28’11.88”W

someone remind me where the turn off is that bypasses the tower and takes you directly to the V notch from the 138.
          Last edited by brokenujoint; 07-11-09, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Kevin,

The turn off for the lower staging area off Hwy 138 is at:

34 19 30.74n 117 25 21.66w

It will take you to Cleghorn Road at the first by-pass trail.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
              will stay at the mc donalds until 6pm sharp... 909 is correct sorry.... channel 20 as well for anyone with a cb.

Those of you coming from LA area you have two options.
              1. take the 210 to the 15 north to 138 exit.

2. take the 10 E or the 60 E to the 15 N to 138.

Either way, at the 138 you take a right. you'll easily see the mcdonalds just off the freeway. theres also a gas station right next to it. from there will will take a short paved bypass and meet up with the rest hopefully.

mcdonalds parking lot GPS location: 32°18’32.55â€N 117°28’11.88â€W

someone remind me where the turn off is that bypasses the tower and takes you directly to the V notch from the 138.
              I'll meet you at McD's at 5:45pm. I know where the turn off is, not to worry.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

WOW! 17 people so far.
                http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...day=2009-07-18

Comment

Jacoby, John Bull and Cleghorn

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                  Im going to TRY to make this. Me and a few of my friends are going on Jacoby Canyon and John Bull trail that morning. As long as nobody breaks or anything I might do the night run too and maybe bring some other well prepared rigs with me.
                  "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Hey Art, I heard you're ging to be serving Expresso at the top of the hill. I'll bring my cup.[/COLOR]

Comment

You are a funny guy Mike, I'll bring the coffee maker you bring the Edison

Cool Matt, this thing might be turning into quite the fun run.
                      Don't think we will be home early, the exprosso is starting to sound like a good idea lol
                      Last edited by aw12345; 07-13-09, 01:37 AM.

Comment

i know that some of you guys are planning to get out there earlier in the day as some are heading up there later in the evening. is this gonna be into the early night? how late are your schedules? i'd hate to get there and have 2/3 of you guys leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
                          Im going to TRY to make this. Me and a few of my friends are going on Jacoby Canyon and John Bull trail that morning. As long as nobody breaks or anything I might do the night run too and maybe bring some other well prepared rigs with me.

Sounds great stop by and say hi when were out!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                            i know that some of you guys are planning to get out there earlier in the day as some are heading up there later in the evening. is this gonna be into the early night? how late are your schedules? i'd hate to get there and have 2/3 of you guys leave.
                            As long as my son is good, well stay will the group. Were ready to take her out. Been wanting to do this run! Thought about some rock "night" lights. With the axle taking a cr@p. Well see.

Comment

Kevin no worries if you are up for it and it does not get to late, we can turn around and run it back to the 15.
                              We will play that one by ear, see how many folks want to do that and how late it is once we get to the end of the trail.
                              Shant are you bring the rest of the Armenian gang along, I know you get scared real easy so better bring a friend along lol
                              Last edited by aw12345; 07-13-09, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Im going to have to change my RSVP to a no. I broke a tooth off my ring gear this weekend. It will be a miracle if I get this resolved before Sat. night.
                                Those left standing
                                Will make millions
                                Writing books on ways
                                It should have been
                                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                                X