Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets try this Dennys! 9am if ya want to eat 10 to meet for the trail! heres the map from my site for anyone not knowing the area!

Allen
    97tj Sport Soft Top - Chili Pepper Red - 5spd - d30-35-unlocked-@3:07
    31"BFG-MT's - GMRS,CB - tow Hooks - Hi LIft - Trail Scars

Comment

Is this cool? I'll be there!
      Last edited by Iceman97tj; 01-28-04, 02:05 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't recomend going that way if you've got a few stock open jeeps. That first section may scare them a bit. of course, they could bypass it.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
          I wouldn't recomend going that way if you've got a few stock open jeeps. That first section may scare them a bit. of course, they could bypass it.
          Thats why I thought I'd go that way! They could try their skillz out, and if not they could go around and wheel down it!! I can do it!! If there is a lot of newbees in stock open jeeps (like mine!) we could run it the other way. I'll probably run it both ways in a day easy!!

I'm not skeerd!

Comment

What about starting at the trailhead on boquet canyon, next to the resevoir? and running rowher trail that way? from the north?
            Screw you guys, I'm goin' to pismo.

Comment

Originally posted by YJWOLF
              What about starting at the trailhead on boquet canyon, next to the resevoir? and running rowher trail that way? from the north?
              that's what the map is showing.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

oh i see, with the green line route on it, it confused me.
                Screw you guys, I'm goin' to pismo.

Comment

The climb from the north is narrow and steep if I can remember (and from what I saw standing at the bottom). There are a couple of tippy places in it. If it's helpful...and I think my passenger is going to freak on that first hill...I could lead some people up the bypass.

Comment

i thought they recently bulldozed (smoothed out) the steep hillclimb on the pyramid reservoir side

Comment

Maybe some people have gone in and chewed it back up?

Comment

Well, I've not done it in soo long I cant remember what it looks like.....all new to me!! But I'm gona try whatever is there! tippy or not!!

Comment

Originally posted by CMeTopless818
                          Are you telling me I can't drive yours
                          you can see mine if i can see yours....ummm...wait, i meant to say you can drive mine if i can drive yours....ummm...wait, what i meant is.......

i'll be there on sat. we can figure it out then

larrygo
                          92 YJ all new stuff this year!!! rockcrawling at a trail near you.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman97tj
                            Thats why I thought I'd go that way! They could try their skillz out, and if not they could go around and wheel down it!! I can do it!! If there is a lot of newbees in stock open jeeps (like mine!) we could run it the other way. I'll probably run it both ways in a day easy!!

I'm not skeerd!
                            ICEMAN I'm right there with you. I'd like to scare my Jeep a little if I don't scare myself first. Whats the point of a challenge? It's a good idea having alternate routes for stock jeeps. My lift can only get me so far without lockers anyways right? I'm still a newbie to this deal but having driven hummers and tanks in the Army I hope I know where not to dip my Koolaide 9am for B-fast at Dennys then 10am for the run sounds good.
                            “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                            -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I wish I could go with you guys being as rowher is so close to me.Maybe next time and have a ball everyone and take plenty of pics for us.

Comment

Weather REPORT
                                “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                                -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X