Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, went out and looked closer at the new Jeep...no tow hooks. So he's gonna skip tomorrow. We are going to work on getting that fixed and then I might get him to follow me out to Dumont Dunes.

Comment

That should stop you guys from coming up. Too bad. Hope you change your minds.It's not like we got jamboree rules or something.
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I'm going to be there...nothing stops me...but I don't feel comfortable having someone on the trail with no tow points...especially a new person. They are gonna get stuck.

Comment

does it have a bumper? wrap the strap around the bumper
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
            Well, went out and looked closer at the new Jeep...no tow hooks. So he's gonna skip tomorrow. We are going to work on getting that fixed and then I might get him to follow me out to Dumont Dunes.
            Tow hooks.....Pep Boyz..........$24...............20 minutes......fixed!

Tow hooks all around!

We could still get him through the trail! Bring him!!
            97tj Sport Soft Top - Chili Pepper Red - 5spd - d30-35-unlocked-@3:07
            31"BFG-MT's - GMRS,CB - tow Hooks - Hi LIft - Trail Scars

Comment

tow hooks may not be necessary if you've got a length of high-test chain with choke hook and a grab hook on the other. Just wrap it around a crossmember and use the grab hook to attach the chain. Attach the choke hook to tugging strap. Alternatively, just put the choke hook in the flat-tow tie down holes.

Click here for more tugging and towing fun

You do have chains dontcha?

Besides, everybody knows the tried and true method of getting unstuck without tow hooks is to jack as high as you can with a high-lift and tip the vehicle over in the desired direction of travel!
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Ok, back now. Great run up. I hate my tires. They slip. Or it may be me... They don't like loose stuff. I never liked loose stuff...or it may be me...

Unfortunately it was a short day...Iceman97tj broke his Jeep. Bad enough that it wouldn't go home under its own power. His transfer case just went poof. He's getting a trailer assist from Larry. They will fill you in on the details.

Comment

PICS

The crew Nice climb up Unclegreaser Quicksilver CJ's fam, sorry, bad rollbar Need momemtum!

Comment

2 weeks, Gorman

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                      Ok, back now. Great run up. I hate my tires. They slip. Or it may be me... They don't like loose stuff. I never liked loose stuff...or it may be me...

Unfortunately it was a short day...Iceman97tj broke his Jeep. Bad enough that it wouldn't go home under its own power. His transfer case just went poof. He's getting a trailer assist from Larry. They will fill you in on the details.
                      Crickett, all tires will slip a bit in the loose stuff. did you get stuck?

Sorry the hear about Allen's Jeep. Seems like TC failure is common to red TJs, was he towing a trailer by chance? :yay:
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

bummer for the iceman !

Damn , I am still here at the shop , Should of called me ! I got boxes of 231 parts here from all the 4 to 1 conversions . Looks like a gootime was had . We had a blast Friday night . 8 vehicles made it with out a hitch or a tow strap . WAY cool at night .

Comment

Allen was asking for it. He drives it too hard for a stocker.
                          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

The strange thing is he really was'nt doing much when his T-case just popped.

Comment

Jim, they bounced around the idea of taking it to your shop. I don't know what they did with it since you haven't seen it yet. :confused: Last I heard was when we followed Larry down to his trailer to drop his Jeep so he could go back and get Allen.

I took the hard way up. There is a rutted way on one side and an easier side on the other. At one point I decided to run on the looser, harder side...didn't work out...I need more drive time.

Paul, great pics! Yeah. Odd. Maybe it was going to take a dump anyway...just decided that was a good time to do it. Who knows what goes on in their little Jeep brains.

Brian....like I said...or it's me. I just backed up and took a different line. Again, I tried something my Jeep didn't like under my driving skill. Live and learn.

And my friend Terez loved meeting everyone.

Comment

Goodtimes, cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X