Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMeTopless818
    I guess Yahoo doubled the time, if it's a 3 hour drive I might be up for it. Good way to see AZ for the first time.
    the trail is in SoCal, unless I"m totally mistaken!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I'm tempted to say yes, but would we be done b4 5pm? It will only be me and the kids. Let me know where this trail is. I'm not familiar with this trail.
      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
        the trail is in SoCal, unless I"m totally mistaken!
        Your probably correct. I noticed that goodtimes is located in AZ so I assumed that's where it was and with a few others saying it was far.
        *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
        Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
        Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
          I'm tempted to say yes, but would we be done b4 5pm? It will only be me and the kids. Let me know where this trail is. I'm not familiar with this trail.
          The sun sets around 4:30 - 5:00 pm. I try to stay off the trails once it starts getting dark.

Comment

Originally posted by cc2
            The sun sets around 4:30 - 5:00 pm. I try to stay off the trails once it starts getting dark.
            Me too. But I have something going on in Victorville at 6pm, that's why I wondering if we would be done by 4:30 - 5pm. I need the travel time home. Right now, I don't know.

Comment

Night runs are fun though. Anzo is near the Salton Sea. I am looking it up in the De Lorme book right now...will get back with a nearby town to do a Yahoo map search.

Comment

Anza

Is this going to be Saturday or Sunday? We can probably swing Sunday, but Saturday looks to tight for us.
                It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Uh gang...we are staying in California. I will only drive out there if I get to go to Sierra Vista so that I can wheel and visit old friends.

I am up for it. Tammy is lucky...short trip past Warner springs to S2. Actually, going past her place could be shorter. It is only 1 hour 45 to her place from Hollywood (with no traffic and I'm not driving; me driving - shave 20 minutes). But 3 hours huh?

I am not doing anything on New Year's Eve (no cost for a dress, club, drinks, cab, etc....). I think I might pop a hotel room near the trail the night before.

Comment

I do not have GPS -

Is there any way that we could meet up at the gas station in Anza? Or even the ranger station that is near Blowsands?

The gas station is really hard to miss. it is right off of S2 on the south side of the road. There is not much out there so it really sticks out.

Hopefully the New Years Eve crowd will be gone by the 3rd. Way too many drunks on quads for my taste!

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                      Night runs are fun though.
                      That might be, but I am putting the safety of my kids (I have a 2 year old & 12 yr old, for the new posters) first. I know that's just an excuse, but it's MY excuse and my opinion. The nightruns for now can be on easy fireroads If anyone can tell us about Sunday, we "Kings" might be able to do Sunday. Saturday after much thought and Tom's post is right, we're way too busy. That's my clogging night, but soon they'll be changing it to Tuesday nights. Yay!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                        That might be, but I am putting the safety of my kids (I have a 2 year old & 12 yr old, for the new posters) first. I know that's just an excuse, but it's MY excuse and my opinion. The nightruns for now can be on easy fireroads If anyone can tell us about Sunday, we "Kings" might be able to do Sunday. Saturday after much thought and Tom's post is right, we're way too busy. That's my clogging night, but soon they'll be changing it to Tuesday nights. Yay!!!!
                        Anything can happen at anytime, and we can never guarantee that we'll be off of a trail by nightfall. just my .02.
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                          Anything can happen at anytime, and we can never guarantee that we'll be off of a trail by nightfall. just my .02.
                          I didn't imply that nothing will happen. We don't have (in my opinion) sufficient lighting on the Jeep to do nightruns. At least, I'm not comfortable with just the headlights. I'm sorry I offended anyone!

Comment

cc2

your route looks a little out of the way to get to Anza Borrego, you might want to look at taking the 15 to Temecula to the 79 to the Anza Borrego turn off.

Comment

After looking at some of the recent posts, and everyone wanting to head out at different times, just hook up with someone by cell.

Comment

Corrizo badlands overlook:

N32 49 32.8 W116 09 39.7

On S-2, just south of Sweeny pass, on the east side of the road. Nearest gas/ice/food is 10 - 15 miles south of the overlook, in Ocotillo.

From 8: turn north onto S-2 in ocotillo. overlook is on the right 10 - 15 miles, there are several entrances, most marked with small signs. If you get to sweeny pass, you went about a mile to far

From 78 (oceanside): Turn south on S-2, overlook on left just past sweeny pass. If you get to the Imperial hiway monument (on left), you went too far.

From 79 (temecula) head south to San Felipe rd, turn left. turn right onto 78, and make a immediate left onto S-2 south.
                                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                                X