Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, since the "please keep this trail open" is a slightly smaller font, perhaps you can move it down and create a bit more white space between it and the text above? I really think the implied (and real!) threat of trail closure will do more than anything else that could be said. If telling people to please act decently worked, we wouldn't actually have to ask them, would we?
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Nick - I've asked the moderators their opinion. I think we would all abide by their wishes. Matterdaddy (on his own) is on board.

Let me say this: I realize we don't own the land any more than MJR owns the Holcomb Creek Trail, and yet MJR AATed it. We only would be putting up the sign with the leaseholders permission.

Mitch and those that exressed the idea of monitoring the trail and informing users has some real merit. It would take a big commitment and we would have to devote a lot of time to it. We would need someone to dedicate the time to cooridinate sign-ups and to schedule voluteer members "shifts" there. More time than I have.

Nathan, I was having trouble with AutoCAD trying to space the text a little lower. I should have had two seperate "Mtext" groups. I can do that before sending it to the sign shop. Plus I always get a proof before they manufacture a sign for me.

As I mentioned eariler, I'm going to try to contact Billy Mitchell this weekend. Anyone free to go with me?

I'm actually overwhelmed by the response, but on the other hand, I've never met a better group of people that really care.
      Last edited by Roger; 09-14-09, 08:31 PM.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Something to also keep in mind. The 15 mph speed limit that Billy Mitchell is concerned about continues several miles up Rattlesnake Canyon. So as we see Cattle and drinking troughs at the springs, those are there as part of his "Leased Grazing Rights". It is much more than the 2 miles of dirt road by his ranch and home.

Comment

$$$ for the cause.

Please include me, let us know when & where to send the bucks.
          Although I didn't see much trash or other junk on the trail a few months ago, can I go as far as to suggest a once a year trail clean-up? I do have a "fire road" capable trash trailer that I could drag along.

Steve
          All slow and no show

Comment

How long will it take for the sign to be made? Reflector tape or what ever the city uses would probably be a good idea as well.

When were you going to meet up with the owner?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Nick - I've asked the moderators their opinion. I think we would all abide by their wishes. Matterdaddy (on his own) is on board.

Let me say this: I realize we don't own the land any more than MJR owns the Holcomb Creek Trail, and yet MJR AATed it. We only would be putting up the sign with the leaseholders permission.

Mitch and those that exressed the idea of monitoring the trail and informing users has some real merit. It would take a big commitment and we would have to devote a lot of time to it. We would need someone to dedicate the time to cooridinate sign-ups and to schedule voluteer members "shifts" there. More time than I have.

Nathan, I was having trouble with AutoCAD trying to space the text a little lower. I should have had two seperate "Mtext" groups. I can do that before sending it to the sign shop. Plus I always get a proof before they manufacture a sign for me.

As I mentioned eariler, I'm going to try to contact Billy Mitchell this weekend. Anyone free to go with me?

I'm actually overwhelmed by the response, but on the other hand, I've never met a better group of people that really care.
              I think Nick's suggestion is a very good suggestion.

I don't really see why the sign needs to include MJR. What advantage does it have if MyJeepRocks is on the sign?

The only advantage I could think of would be if there were a complete URL to a page containing information about the landowner, and why the sign is there, etc. This way people could write down the full URL and visit later.

I am not suggesting this, as it would be ineffective, people wouldn't visit, and a waste of sign real estate. I am just saying why I think there is no good reason to put MyJeepRocks on the sign.
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

My thoughts for putting MJR on there is so readers would know the sign was posted by concerned off-roaders and not an upset land owner.

It's not a "deal-breaker" for me. If we drop the MJR we should at least put someing like: Thanks - Concerned Off-Roaders. Any other ideas?
                MJR moderator
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

I'm new here but I think a simple "CAUTION" included in this sign would help and more than one sign along the trail.. I know a lot of "ATV/ Dirt Bikers" and they don't care about trails until they're gone.

Their concern level is dangerously low.

count on my $10
                  You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Hey everyone, sorry for not seeing this earlier. Been swamped with work and AAT reports. (thanks Mat for the link

I think it's a great idea, and I can even create sign-shop-ready vector art and help with production, since that's what I do

Roger, want to give me a ring at lunch or after work?
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

count me in for $10.00
                      The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

I'm in for $10- but my :2: keep in mind where we put the sign, as to what's behind it... people like to shoot up signs, so we don't want it to have any structures or anything behind it...

I don't think it needs the MJR on it, but we could slap a sticker on the back. :2:
                        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          My thoughts for putting MJR on there is so readers would know the sign was posted by concerned off-roaders and not an upset land owner.

It's not a "deal-breaker" for me. If we drop the MJR we should at least put someing like: Thanks - Concerned Off-Roaders. Any other ideas?
                          I put out some ideas. You didn't respond to. I also sent you a PM. Nothing. I guess you have it all worked out :dunno:
                          Last edited by Jeep4cern; 09-15-09, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Sarah, I'll call you after work

Ron, Be patient! I do have to work for a living and I'm busier than a one legged man in an a$$ kicking contest today! I respond to your post & PM tonight!
                            MJR moderator
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

I post looked urgent. I miss read. I know the feeling. I work, go to school, AND volunteer. Here maybe this will help :beer:

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                                I post looked urgent. I miss read. I know the feeling. I work, go to school, AND volunteer. Here maybe this will help :beer:
                                x2 Here is another :beer::pizza: Thanks for doing this Roger

Comment

Working...
                                X