Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am probably guilty of driving a bit fast through his leased land. I did slow down when I did see his signs by the watering areas. Then I did speed up after passing them. Maybe a sign more like what NWOODS mentions at the cattle gate would be more effective. And of course all of us letting everyone we know about the problem.

Put me in for a ten spot Rodger.

Comment

Speaking for me (not "The Moderators")... I'm in. I'll help put up the sign (If I can make it up there), and throw in a 10-spot as well.
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

ha roger , i dont have any ideas yet but from what he said to me on the way out with frank saturday was go slow and let others know about it , i think getting the word out will keep the most , and maybe a bypass around his watering bins if its possible .

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
          If you plan on doing a campaign to get the word out, make sure you hit the motorcycle and atv sites. Billy has told me on many occasions that the bikers ride through there and atually chase the cattle. The first time I met him he was Po'd pretty bad. A group of Jeeps had come tearing through his property, and shortly after the bikes came through and scared his cattle off. He was in the process of rounding them up when I came across him. Just my luck. But Billy is a VERY nice man considering what he's dealing with. I don't how much good a sign is going to do, but it certainly can't hurt. I think he'll appreciate the effort.
          The sad part it's the aholes who got Apple Valley to start enforcing and other cities on no OHV on city trails. Trust me I see it all the time. I think if more people would stop complaining on forums (like this land owner to jeepers) and start getting plate numbers and call them in, it would cut it down. Do I? You bet! Call on the 15fwy all the time for misc drivers. Tired of the way people drive and act. Act like an ass on the highway and I see, you can bet I already called your plate in and reported you as a DUI! Let CHP decide if that's not the case.

Remember, the guy off the 15fwy (forget the exit) in Apple Valley where everyone used to ride got upset at the quad and dirt bike riders. Was really nice asking people to park the quads back and walk up to the birds. Nope. aholes had to chase the birds and thought it was funny. He complained. Trail closed!

Let me know Roger. I can bring the cement to set the posts for the signs if you need help!
          Last edited by Jeep4cern; 09-14-09, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Count me in Roger. He has been very patient with the off roaders but that won't last much longer. Also keep in mind there are multiple ways in to that canyon and one sign might not be enough.
            Check out .

Comment

Ten from me...let me know when the signs will go up, I'd like to help

Comment

Just let me know where and when to send the money. I'm in. Who knows, this just might get me out that way and drive the trail.

Comment

You know I'm in for $10 and if you need more just holler!
                  "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Wow! What a great response! Thanks everyone. I'll try to make contact with Billy Mitchell this weekend. I would like to hear the opinions of the moderators before then (thanks Matterdaddy).

I had a few minutes at lunch so I created a sign in AutoCAD & converted it a .jpg file. I blended Nathan's ideas with mine.

My thoughts were to have the sign made of metal with 4x4 treated posts and 2x4 top & bottom rails. the wood would be routed so the sign would be held in the groove on all four sides.

What does everyone think?
                    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                    MJR moderator
                    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Honestly, and I'm not trying to be a jerk about this. But I don't think MJR should be on the sign. We don't own the land or the trail, we're just concerned off roaders. I'd hate to see anything legal come back to Sarah for having MJR on the sign.

However, I do think there needs to be a sign like this to make others aware of the private property and possibly closure if people aren't respectful.

Great job everyone.[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Good job Roger! I'll kick in $10 and also would not object to monitoring the trailhead sometime, passing the word in person.

Mitch

Comment

Good idea. One of my favorite parts of driving through RS is seeing the cows. I'd hate to loose access to that area as I love heading up into BB via that route.

I'm in for $10. LMK when and where to send the funds.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                            Count me in Roger. He has been very patient with the off roaders but that won't last much longer. Also keep in mind there are multiple ways in to that canyon and one sign might not be enough.
                            [COLOR="Blue"]If you stay in the wash going north, it goes down to 247. That would bypass the ranch and private road altogether. I'm pretty sure the trail continues that way.[/COLOR]
                            Last edited by mkjeepers; 09-14-09, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                              [COLOR="Sienna"]Honestly, and I'm not trying to be a jerk about this. But I don't think MJR should be on the sign. We don't own the land or the trail, we're just concerned off roaders. I'd hate to see anything legal come back to Sarah for having MJR on the sign.

However, I do think there needs to be a sign like this to make others aware of the private property and possibly closure if people aren't respectful.

I agree also. Maybe change it to "Sign Donated by MyJeepRocks.com" That should release liability. This keeps it from looking like MJR own the land or leases it. Instead makes it look like a concerned group is wanting to make people aware.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post

Maybe just plaster a big MJR sticker on the back of the sign? LOL.

Looks really good Roger.
                                Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                                Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                                HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
                                X