Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost a bead trying to pull someone off the entrance to Deep Creek after they lost their front DS. It's not as bad as you would think the entrance used to have nice concrete paving stones so it's actually more level and safer than the dirt and rocks. Now it's just got a shitty bridge.

Here's someone we all know

Blatant Disregard

Nice Snorkel, where's the tow hooks on this thing?

And my personal favorite

That's right I got stuck on a flat road. A really flat road. A really really flat road. However before the humiliating smack downs begin, let me deflect some attention from me with this:

That's right someone else ( ) stuck on a flat road.
    Sean M Higgins

"We all got it coming kid"

Comment

Originally posted by HIGLET
      I lost a bead trying to pull someone off the entrance to Deep Creek after they lost their front DS. It's not as bad as you would think the entrance used to have nice concrete paving stones so it's actually more level and safer than the dirt and rocks. Now it's just got a shitty bridge.

Here's someone we all know

Blatant Disregard

Nice Snorkel, where's the tow hooks on this thing?

And my personal favorite

That's right I got stuck on a flat road. A really flat road. A really really flat road. However before the humiliating smack downs begin, let me deflect some attention from me with this:

That's right someone else ( ) stuck on a flat road.
      HAHA, Thats some good times. I've learned alot since then, but I still get stuck . . .

ALOT!
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
        I've learned alot since then, but I still get stuck . . .

ALOT!

Me too! on both counts!
        Sean M Higgins

Comment

those pictures are GREAT! lol! chris, you sure put that poor cherokee through its paces i remember the first time i did that entrance on deep creek. i thought nothing could be harder than that! lol...
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Is that Chris' Cherokee? On street tires? Ok, I'm not feeling so bad now that I have seen your baby pictures.

And yes, after all the holiday excitement, I will have my favorite oops up here. I have no time right now to fuss with my website (I still hand code all my own HTML - no program, just Notepad).

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
              Is that Chris' Cherokee? On street tires? Ok, I'm not feeling so bad now that I have seen your baby pictures.
              Yes indeed, thats me . . . kicking Rowher Flats ASS!!!
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

We went the day of a Land Rover outing, and let me tell you it was great watching Chris kick the LR's asses on those little hills. One couple was with a salesman and the wife told the husband "If that can do it, why do we need to get rid of ours?"

They broke 3 diffs, rolled 1 almost 2. Got another one hopelessly stuck, sideways, going up that first hill.

Good Times Good Times.
                Sean M Higgins

Comment

We should put up our "Baby Jeep Pictures." Everyone has 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by HIGLET

Got another one hopelessly stuck, sideways, going up that first hill.

Good Times Good Times.
                    ah yes...

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
                      ah yes...

HOLY CRAP!!! I would not want to be in that position at that spot. Yikes!
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

He's as bad as I am...getting into really silly positions that can result in your ride throwing a hissy fit and flopping down in the middle of the trail.

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
                          ah yes...

That is the same spot my dad put his jeep's nose to the sky.

Comment

Ok, info on this pic:

This was my 1st trip to Los Coyotes about a week after i purchased my Jeep. All my buddies told me "take it out stock on the trails and get a feel for how it holds up so you'll know what you want to do to it"

A friend spotted this little "water hole" right off of one of the main roads and dared me to try to get through it. He went down to it and stuck a stick in it and told me the WATER was only a few INCHES deep....he FAILED to tell me the mud under the water was a few FEET deep.

Anyhow, i almost got through it by myself. The front of my Jeep in that picture was only a foot from dry land. A friend simply jumped onto my front bumper and attached a towstrap to one of my hooks and i was out of it.

This was also the birth of my Jeep's nickname because my Jeep was covered in "pond scum" when finally pulled out and after further review someone noticed that the color of my Jeep was that of "pond scum".

For now this is the only time i've been stuck, i'll be sure to post more as they happen.
                            Last edited by PondScum; 04-27-04, 02:31 PM.
                            [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
                            AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
                            15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
                            33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
                            FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
                            Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
                            RE Hand Throttle
                            Optima Red Top
                            K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Originally posted by PondScum

For now this is the only time i've been stuck, i'll be sure to post more as they happen.
                              Stick with us and you will get stuck plenty.

Comment

Some cool STUCK pics here! Seems I never have a camera with me when I get stuck:confused:
                                97tj Sport Soft Top - Chili Pepper Red - 5spd - d30-35-unlocked-@3:07
                                31"BFG-MT's - GMRS,CB - tow Hooks - Hi LIft - Trail Scars

Comment

Working...
                                X