Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

derrr.... woulda swore I saw that.
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Doing the front now .... What a pain in the @#$%

Not sure we are going to be able to do a traditional 3 link in the front... This Jeep has a 6.0 and 4l80E There is 0 room under the passenger side for a second link... Zero room on that side for ( ORI, track bar, link) Might be doing a wristed radius arm style
      Head nut at Outdoorlogic
      Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
      www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post

Doing the front now .... What a pain in the @#$%

Not sure we are going to be able to do a traditional 3 link in the front... This Jeep has a 6.0 and 4l80E There is 0 room under the passenger side for a second link... Zero room on that side for ( ORI, track bar, link) Might be doing a wristed radius arm style
        I feel your pain. That's why I redid the front frame and went driver drop. It's a tight fit.
        Check out .

Comment

Driver drop would be nice... But since this is a customers Jeep and lots of money has been spent on this 60 I get the fun of making it fit... Its kind of like watching me get into my High school jeans. It can happen, it will take work...and It might not be pretty
          Head nut at Outdoorlogic
          Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials

Comment

jimmy that rig is sick nice work

Comment

Jimmy,

This Scrambler is going to be sweet!

I agree with everyone else that this is a great color.

Looking forward to seeing it done!

Christian
              "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

So time for some updates..

Have the front end basically figured out, had to make a small truss to locate the upper just shy of center. Made a plate to mount the upper on the inside of the frame. Lowers are 40'' upper is 32'' From full droop to full bump only 3* of pinion change all the way. At full bump we are about to kiss the starter bracket, but it will be close. Still need to fit track bar and steering back in there. That is why the truss is angled back to leave room. If you look on the "C" you will see tabs for the ORI. They will angled like this / \ and raked back.
                Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

Had to out-board the lowers and angle them in just enough to clear the frame/body mount, and all the other madness.

Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

Some cage pics

Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

Looking good, but if at all possible you should raise the tierod up as high as possible, if the owner intends to use the 40's what they are made for then that tierod will end up being a rock magnet and will not look very pretty after a few runs. Also if you add a steering ram, mount it in a manner that it will not bend the piston rod when the tierod bends back, the owner will thank you for that down the road

Comment

I see what you are saying... If we mount the tire rod on the high-steer we will loose all of our up-travel. Trust me it is where we want to put it We may try to move it and Chop the frame IF we were running full hydro this would be no problem. But since it will be hydro assist we need to still mount the steering box.

Can you explain "mount it in a manner that it will not bend the piston rod when the tierod bends back, the owner will thank you for that down the road " My brain does not compute
                        Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

Look at where Chuck mounted his ram, he bend it twice, I gave mine more room so when the tierod bends back it does not bend the rod that comes out of the ram

Comment

sweet harness bar
                            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                              Look at where Chuck mounted his ram, he bend it twice, I gave mine more room so when the tierod bends back it does not bend the rod that comes out of the ram
                              I agree with Art. Get that thing up as high as possible. One of these days I will be relocating mine.
                              Check out .

Comment

Its a new product we are offering...2x6 .120 wall box harness bar ................

You guys are killing me.... Okay back to making the tire rod fit
                                Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

Working...
                                X