Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 ton Scrambler

One of the benefits of running a shop is you get to live through your customers.. A buddy of mine with a Cherry CJ-8 contacted me about building his Scrambler for him...Well since I am a Scrambler Fanatic I jumped at the chance.
    Here is the plan

60/14 bolt
    ARB

Cage
    3 link front
    Hydro Assist
    ORI
    4 link Rear
    Tube Fenders
    Corner Guards

and all the stuff in the middle
    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials

Comment

Started out with the 4 link rear.... Working on a buggy is so much easier then trying to make all this madness fit in a CJ frame.

Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

So next was to rebuild the 60... Lesson number one= Sometimes is is better to spend more money and buy all the parts from one place than trying to save money shopping at the local parts stores...

Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

Now onto the start of the cage work

Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

More to come! Trying to decide if I can get away with not turning the inner "c"s on the 60 Anybody?
              Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to this build. That color looks very close to the color I want mine. I see he has a Crawler tank. Are you stretching it in the rear? I had to relocate the crossmember in front of the tank to get clearance for the rear upper links. Although that's an 8 and may not need it.

Keep posting the progress.
                Check out .

Comment

Keeping close to stock in the rear...Pushed in back far enough to keep the 40s center in the wheel well. Getting ready to tackle the front and the cage at the same time... I love the color of this Scrambler.
                  Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

The biggest reason for moving inner C's is to maintain somewhat acceptable driveline angles, while maintaining acceptable caster
                    You can be of quite a bit on your angles in the front when you run disconnetable hubs at the front wheels as long as the Driveline yoke does not run interference at the pinion yoke at full droop

Comment

So if the plan is to run drive flanges we might have an issue ? I guess we will have to slap it in there and see how much pinion change there is through a full range of motion... I
                      Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

With drive flanges the driveshaft will turn all the time so yes it might give ya some vibes. Mock it up and see where the pinion yoke points.
                        The amount of suspension lift has a negative effect on the whole equation also

Comment

hurry up jim. that thing is gonna be bad.

Comment

curious why the owner is just linking the rear and not the front at the same time. I know the front would be a hell of a lot more expensive but still...
                            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

he is linking the front. 3 link.

Comment

Working...
                              X