Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwed some more with my on going windshield saga. Paint shop sold me some stuff to glue the gasket or trim in place, which turned into an unmitigated disaster.
    So had to repaint the damned thing and do some screwing around with the gasket, but it will work. I definitely do like the clearcoat in a spray can they sold me though. Stuff is expensive but comes out nice, even has a hardener/ reducer right in the can, cool stuff.

windshield 010 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

windshield 011 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• When I painted my Omix windshield and replaced the glass, the windshield shop sold me two tubes of the mastic for like $30. Is this everything I need? I asked. "Yep," they told me. The windshield glass soon started falling out and I paid them to put it in right (this was probably my third or fourth windshield with them). Turned out I also needed a special primer for the mastic to stick to. That may be the case with your gasket glue as well. I learned to hate those windshield setups.

Oh and nice swamp cooler, redneck
      holes = cowbell

Comment

• As long as you leave some of the old glue the urethane sticks like mad. The problem I had was the rubber strip.
        Got it figured out though. Both windshields are in solid

Comment

• That's good to hear.

I guess I failed to make clear to the guy that it was a brand-new windshield frame. Then his worker got that mastic on my frame's clear coat. Funny it stuck to that part pretty well. So much for my painstaking painting and sanding.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

• I guess it's good to have a few connections? I got my windshield replaced for $75 and it took them less than an hour.
            "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

• I wanted the holes repaired and it painted in close to the right color , so it's all good, this windshield turned into a bit more work then the other one. No worries it'll be done this weekend

Comment

• This definitely adds to my happiness, funny how a few more coats of paint and clear coat made the windshield frame darker.

Just happy it's done.

Today is turning out to be a very good day, two shiny new shoes for my big baby, yeah!!
                Going wheelin the coming weekend, Y'all name a place and a time

Last edited by aw12345; 08-19-13, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Oh yeah happier yet, done tire bustin

Comment

• Nothing like a new set of shoes. Retiring the PBRs for awhile? How do you like them compared to the MTRs and KM2s?
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

• The Pitbulls work great just a bit on the small side for the Hammers and do not roll as well on the street as the MTR's, they are still a favorite and eventually I get some 42's. KM2 is my least favorite tire

Comment

• Thanks! KM2 is your least favorite among favorites?
                        holes = cowbell

Comment

• Even like the mtz's I had better, KM2's cost more than MTR's and they make a lot more road noise and don't do any better offroad

Comment

• I always wonder why getting ready for camping is such a pain in the @ss.
                            Well atleast I got to recycle a rack I had and now have some much needed storage space

So Dusy and swamp lake here we come
                            Last edited by aw12345; 09-02-13, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Hillbillies gone camping

Last edited by aw12345; 09-02-13, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Either that or the new mansion in Beverly Hills. Have fun!
                                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                                X