• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
    Art your stuff is always so pretty... well organized and clean o
    Yeah buddy, you got that right Skeeter

Comment

• Yesterday reworked the left header so the front driveshaft will now have some living space

coolant pipe lower (3) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Today bend up the lower coolant tube, snake through there pretty nicely, will weld it together and in place this week and see if I can bend the upper one

coolant pipe lower (4) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

coolant pipe lower (5) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

coolant pipe lower (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• This build is so neat!
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

• Shoulda, coulda been a plumber
          Came out half way decent, other item brought under control\

coolant tube (4) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

coolant tube (3) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

coolant tube (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

coolant tube (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• I woulda never f-ART-ed around with that stuff. Plumbing sux.

Looks like its gonna work
            You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Fabrimacted me a Y pipe, lil fuggly, but it will do the trick. Time for lunch and then of to the store to round up some brake hose and a ton of brake line fittings.

exh by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Art, you gotta do something about those birds that keep getting in your garage and pooping on your pipe
                "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

• pooped or not lol, she'll hang together just fine

Comment

• Couple of steps forward and one backwards. Started flipping the rear calipers, got one side done and found that I absolutely do not like the way the 2piece wheel spacers bolt together. Going to have to stick them on a mill and machine them either for a button head or a socket head allen bolt. One of the flathead allen bolts sheared the head off at 90 lbs torque. On the bright side it isn't terribly hard to make it work.
                    Need to have 2 hoses made and a few more fittings in the morning and the brakes are plumbed.
                    Then on to steering yeah. Gonna be fun to rig that together

Comment

• Scrappy is coming along, it has working brakes, picked up all the needed radiator hoses today and moved on to steering.
                      Got enough hose to make the hoses going to the ram and have the routing pretty well figured out.
                      Had to figure out which hose goes where, decisions decisions. Looked at the PSC site and my assumption was right left port feeds the right side of the ram to make it steer left. Now on to cobble a reservoir and a pressure hose to the steering valve. Darn ole Scrappy might just move under it's own power this week. 3 more days to make it happen

Comment

• Yup sure would, simple swap of the hoses on the orbital would cure it pretty quickly. Figured out how to rig up the pressure line to the orbital. Now need to find some tube to alter my reservoir, life is just never simple. Going to have to hunt tomorrow for some hydraulic hose/ line clamps, pour juice in the steering system and see what it takes to get most of the air out. Pretty happy with the brake system routing came out pretty clean. Pooped tonight, was a long day of most excellent tinkering

Comment

• Ole Scrappy has functioning steering yeah, didn't even cross the hoses. Now on to making the old gurl run again.
                          Almost got er going need to get a few sparkplugs a couple of hose clamps and a shorter belt and see if the coolant doesn't pee all over the place. Gonna be an interesting morning tomorrow.

Will be great to see it come to life and move under it's own power

scrappy (4) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

scrappy (3) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

scrappy (2) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

scrappy (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

scrappy (8) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

scrappy (7) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

scrappy (6) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

scrappy (5) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Curious about several things, want to see how the air shocks behave, how it craws with the 4.56 gears, how well the stock powersteering pump works and if the darn thing shifts with the manual contraption. The anticipation is just about killing me

Comment

• alot of stuff going on in there, haha! :-D I can't wait to see it in action!
                            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• the plan as of now is to have it ready to do a trail this coming fall

Comment

• So, I noticed that you put a tab/bracket where the hard line meets the soft line for the brakes. Like factory applications. When I redid my brakes on the Willys, the factory tabs were not in a good location to be re-used, so I just didn't use any tabs.

Is this a problem? What is the purpose of the tabs? I thought it over a few times, and decided that they weren't needed. Have I overlooked something?
                                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                                X