Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice job on the windshield.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Had to do some hammering and massaging to get the thing to fit in the frame. Not bad considering I started with this frame.

Comment

• Did I miss something ? When did you roll Old Yellar ?
        You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Jeep looks great Fred. Did you trailer it or drive it? I'm curious how the full hydro does on the highway.
          Originally posted by flatout View Post
          Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolman View Post
            Did I miss something ? When did you roll Old Yellar ?
            Several years ago

Comment

• Well come out Sunday for some playtime Chuck, so you can see it in action. Fred says he had it on the street up to 40 mph and it seemed to drive no different than his previous setup

Comment

• everyone's looking good! Can't wait to be able to head out again with yall soon!

Comment

• See above Skeeter, we had a blast today

Comment

• That tie rod (or whatever ?) on Fred's jeep, it has a joint on each side about a foot from where it connects to the knuckles. What exactly is that doing? I don't think I've seen something like that before?

Man, I really like how nothing sticks down below the axle housing, no shock or arm mounts!
                    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                      That tie rod (or whatever ?) on Fred's jeep, it has a joint on each side about a foot from where it connects to the knuckles. What exactly is that doing? I don't think I've seen something like that before?

Man, I really like how nothing sticks down below the axle housing, no shock or arm mounts!
                      full hydro steering... pretty sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                        That tie rod (or whatever ?) on Fred's jeep, it has a joint on each side about a foot from where it connects to the knuckles. What exactly is that doing? I don't think I've seen something like that before?

Thats full hydro steering. The joint is where the link attaches to the end of the ram. That is a double ended ram. So its the same on both sides. If you go back to page 64 of the thread, there's a picture that shows the ram, better.
                        Last edited by Tumbleweed13; 05-20-13, 11:42 PM.
                        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• We built them so nothing hangs below the axle tubes, flattens the angle of the control arms to minimize tire hopping and helps traction.
                          Don't want to much hanging below the frame rails either. Fred had to go to full hydro to make the steering work with his setup. There was just not anywhere to mount his steering box. So if anybody wants a hydro assist setup send him a pm

Comment

• Just tinkering along before I hit the road to Moab on Saturday morning
                            Yesterday changed oil in both my Jeeps, welded a few little things and started the trans cooler install on my truck.
                            Lots of hills to tackle on the way to Moab.
                            Bought a 40.000 LBS GVWR rated trans cooler is a big SOB
                            Took some doing to get it mounted, that part is under control, not got to figure out the piping.

Comment

• After a trip to Los Angeles to pickup a big screen TV for a friend from work I wandered by accident in the garage and saw this rust bucket that wanted some attention, so what the heck, plugged in the welder and did a lil bit of work

Steering arms need to grow a bit from version one. If you ever setup a full hydro ram make sure the link between the ram and the steering arm is straight at full turn

Not so

But so

Oh well live and learn

Some more work on this today, I like how this came out

Last edited by aw12345; 06-24-13, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• I like the way you boxed that up. Reminds me a bit of what I've done with my rear UCA brackets, and what I've planned to do eventually.
                                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                                X