Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
    I do some of my best work in scrap steel. What happened to your fairlead?
    Hammers, rocks, hammering. need to take it of and beat it back in shape again

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Hammers, rocks, hammering. need to take it of and beat it back in shape again
      You could just flop it like the little Jeep and push it back into shape. From what I've seen, you may consider that to be more fun than mundane garage work.
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

• Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
        You could just flop it like the little Jeep and push it back into shape. From what I've seen, you may consider that to be more fun than mundane garage work.
        well, who knows what the future holds lol

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Hammers, rocks, hammering.
          Yeah, sorry for the rhetorical question. Maybe two pieces of scrap 1/2" plate cut to stick out a little further than the fairlead and welded to the bumper on either side of it (in the manner of your angle iron jig) could adequately protect it?
          holes = cowbell

Comment

• Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
            Yeah, sorry for the rhetorical question. Maybe two pieces of scrap 1/2" plate cut to stick out a little further than the fairlead and welded to the bumper on either side of it (in the manner of your angle iron jig) could adequately protect it?
            I have gotten picky about adding weight to my toy, so first I beat it straight, no biggy done the same with my other Jeep.
            In time synthetic line with an aluminum fairlead will fix it

Comment

• Thinking about prettying the back side of my darling up with some thin aluminum diamond plate

Last edited by aw12345; 07-06-11, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• got the rock lights mounted, just need to run a wire to the rear light

Comment

• Tried my hand at a bit of painting today, painted the windshield frame came out pretty good no bubbling or wrinkling pretty stoked about that. Gave the hood edges a quick blast of paint too, did not come out bad so I might tack weld the hood lips back in for a more finished look, really do not care for the sharp edge on the hood. On the bright side giving little yeller some paint on it's windshield frame and tube fenders is next. In other words this was pretty encouraging to me. Tomorrow I will paint the backside of the frame and then I can glue the windshield in, might even have this done before Friday night

Comment

• Art try j&j Auto Fabrics in Rialto for your hood edge. They have a lot of kool moldings
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• I have always felt that a hiline hood should be done this way

Just the painting part and the lack of time has held me back, since the painting doesn't seem to be that bad a problem, it moved up higher on the to do list

Comment

• Art that would be nice for a show jeep, but your just going to bash the hood on a big rock some day. so make it easy on yourself. thats a lot of work on the hood. don't forget the house remodel.
                        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Originally posted by curtis View Post
                          Art that would be nice for a show jeep, but your just going to bash the hood on a big rock some day. so make it easy on yourself. thats a lot of work on the hood. don't forget the house remodel.
                          Curtis, it just means I will not be bored for some time to come

Comment

• Just put door jamb edging on it you get at pepboys or autozone. What you use for rock lights?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                              Just put door jamb edging on it you get at pepboys or autozone. What you use for rock lights?
                              Got some worklights from harbor freight
                              Looking purty

Last edited by aw12345; 07-13-11, 05:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                                Just put door jamb edging on it you get at pepboys or autozone.
                                They come in cool colors like gold, and electric blue.
                                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                                X