Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
    They come in cool colors like gold, and electric blue.
    Unless I find a color that matches the seat covers not gonna happen lol

Comment

• Made a steering box skid

Last edited by aw12345; 07-27-11, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• Felt like doing a bit of tinkering today so finished the steering box skid and made a mount for my flip video camera

Comment

• I notice you still have the stock steering wheel, with the air bag. Guessing that is disabled. Did you do anything, other then pull the fuse to disable it?
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Took the cartridge out, same goes for the passenger side gutted all the airbag stuff out

Comment

• Not sure what cartridges you mean. Are you referring to the module with the impact sensor in it?

Comment

• inside of the hornbutton pad is a cartridge that sets of the airbag

Comment

• Thanks for the info. See ya saturday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    Took the cartridge out, same goes for the passenger side gutted all the airbag stuff out
                    I'm all for that, but it's worth mentioning for others who might follow in your footsteps (lest they follow in mine) that removing the airbags should be done with caution.
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

• Yup disconnect the battery or fuse and then let it sif for a good while do let the condensor that fires it discharge. However you look at it that stuff is gone out of my put put has some good old fashioned 6 point belts and I called it good with that. Works for me other folks have to consider how they take their own lives in their own hands right, don't follow in my knucklehead shoes. There ya have it an Okie disclaimer lol

Comment

• Got the itch to tinker tonight, so my eyes fell on the smashed up fairlead and then to a 3/8" thick piece a 6160T6 had left over from my engine skid .
                        So of came the fairlead and the tinker business was on. Might even polish it some day

Comment

• Don't hate Art because he has a lathe

Nice Art, that's something I've been wanting since Billy Idol was in his 20s.
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

• A lathe comes in real handy for some odd ball stuff, friend gave it to me, then bought some needed parts and happiness from there

Comment

• I was getting tired of straightening the tierod after a few runs so the Jeep went on blocks and the torch i9s coming out to resolve this situation. Notched the frame and the draglink sits on top of the steer arm. Now the radiator needs to move back a bit. Going to double sheer the drag link mount on the steer arm.
                              Raise the tierod close to 3 " make new steering ram brackets on the axle new spacers for the tierod. Move the trackbar around a bit, maybe built some kind of truss for the front axle . Will be a busy boy for awhile.

Last edited by aw12345; 08-14-11, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• When you cut a frame like this make sure you turn the steering left and right, after I welded the insert in the frame I found that turning to the right would hit the frame sleeve, so some judicious grinding fixed that. Well first part is fixed. On to messing with the pitman arm and raising the tierod up

Comment

Working...
                                X