Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geebo View Post
    Looks awesome Art were the heck was it when I was there?
    It was in it's bedroom :-)
    By the way Geeb you are more than welcome to come take a look at it or take it for a quick spin down the street

Comment

• After cleaning half the desert out of my Jeep yesterday, did some more work on it today. Finally changed the parking brake valve to one that actually works. Had to make a new brake line and a mounting bracket for the valve.
      Also finally welded some tabs on the cage/ seat mounts to secure the cup holder. So after bleeding the brakes it looks like this.

Y'all can figure out where this is going

I just need easier access to the recovery gear and tools in case I need them
      Last edited by aw12345; 02-20-12, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Made a bit more progress and that's it for the day

Last edited by aw12345; 02-20-12, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Your drop down tail gate is awesome! It is one of the "next" things on my list

Comment

• I officially suck at sheetmetal welding, but nothing that a little bondo cannot resolve. Made some more progress on my tailgate, just needs some cable and a way to latch it shut. In time I might just skin the inside with some thin aluminum diamond plate. Had to make a little frame to stiffen it since all I was using was the outer skin of a 1997 TJ tailgate

Last edited by aw12345; 02-20-12, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• My girl gots a big black booty again.

Last edited by aw12345; 02-20-12, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Picked up some 3/16" cable and found some usable latches for my drop down tailgate.

Comment

• Well that was a fun little project,it's all done, pretty happy with it

Last edited by aw12345; 03-07-12, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Very Nice!
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Thanks Curtis

Comment

• looks good man. Jonah did the same thing to his rear tail gate. He has the latches on the outside. I am sure he would put up some pics if he gets a break from his house remod.

Comment

• Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                          looks good man. Jonah did the same thing to his rear tail gate. He has the latches on the outside. I am sure he would put up some pics if he gets a break from his house remod.
                          The tailgate on Jonah's Opy is actually one of the things that is still original on his Jeep. I was first going to use cable to support the tailgate, but had some chain with hooks also and that worked out easier

Comment

• Getting a little bit savy

Last edited by aw12345; 02-20-12, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• I need to keep metal away from my self lol
                              Started boxing the fuel tank in. What a pain in the neck

Last edited by aw12345; 02-20-12, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Starting to get a decent fit on the top panel

Should have that taken care of tomorrow.
                                Now making the front panel will be an adventure, hoping to get that done before or during the weekend
                                Last edited by aw12345; 02-20-12, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X