Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
    You better hope, you do not become a Hammer junkie lol, is kinda hard on Jeeps and knocks the pretty of them in a hurry
    My goal is to be a Hammer junkie. The more trail badges it gets the prettier it is. My next up grades will be chromo axle shafts and lower axle gears. Performance over beauty, every time. A used trail rig is the prettiest of them all.
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• then it's all about big axles, big tires and lots of belly clearance

Comment

• Started messing with a few things today. First called king and discusses what to do to get the Jeep to sit 2" higher, so will swap some springs later this week. Then started messing with the rear crossmember and cut this piece for it, needs a bit more trimming and that can be welded in.

Comment

• Looks like I might end up with a Chevy astro van to part out, if that comes about then the Jeep will most likely sport a 4.3 V6 and a 4L60E before the summer is out. We will see where it goes. Yesterday swapped some of the springs around, now the back sits where I want it and will have to visit King Shocks on Monday for some beefier springs for the front.
          This weekend , it's time to finish bracing the rear crossmember and get a handle on the steering

Comment

• Hows the steering box working after rebuild?

Comment

• Will tackle that tomorrow

Comment

• Looks like swapping the 150 lbs springs from the front to the rear and sticking some 250 lbs springs in the front got the ride height issue resolved
                Last edited by aw12345; 05-02-11, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Tackled the steering and diff cover today, took a bit of work but, the steering gear is rebuilt and working the way it should.
                  Straightened the tierod, that thing started to look like a pretzel, had 4 different bends in it from the last round of trail fun. Didn't hurt the auxiliary ram any though. I guess this summer I'll get around to giving the Jeep a true high steer setup or something close to that.
                  Swapped the leaking diff cover and fixed the a few fuel vapor lines that had a small leak according to the OBD 2 system.
                  All that is left is a bit of welding tomorrow and sticking the belly skid back on and she is good for another round of hammering

Comment

• Build, break, repeat. Thanks for sharing!
                    God forgives, rocks don't
                    -sons of thunder

Comment

• Got to do something to entertain my self with lol

Comment

• Started messing with the bracing of the crossmember for the lower control arms, seems to me once this is done the flexing issue should be resolved

This one needs a bit of frenching to clear the cat

Comment

• Finished my welding project

Comment

• Glad to say that my welding project turned out good, no more flexing of the crossmember where the lower rear control arms attach too.
                            The bolts on the slid plate that kept working loose are staying nice and tight now. Also really appreciate the benefit of a working powersteering makes wheeling and steering in the rocks so much easier lol

Comment

• Got to do something to entertain my self with lol

how about mai tais and a fat steak on the grill? i like working on my jeep but damn it never stops.

Comment

• Fat steak and booze would me leave me corpulent and with a head ache lol
                                So Jeepin it is

Comment

Working...
                                X