Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pfft, the egg is laid, will take my baby for a spin tomorrow. I am curious how the gearing on the street works out with the 37" pizza cutters. That is what they look like to me. Also pretty happy with the Hummer rims, I was afraid they would have to much backspacing, but they fit perfect.

Comment

• Looking good Art.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Thanks Curtis, get your baby done, we got some more rock bashing to do. Looks like my springs need to settle a bit it sits higher than it did with the bigger tires

Last edited by aw12345; 09-19-11, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Looking good Art. Better watch those hub locks. Their peeking out a little with those hummers.
          Check out .

Comment

• The Hummer wheels are an experiment to see how it runs on 37" pizza cutters. To be honest I prefer the big ole Pit Bulls.

Comment

• Those 37's look like 33's on your beast. Are you considering smaller tires? Those Pitbulls are great tires.
              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Nope, I just wanted to try 37" tires to see how it does with them gearing wise on the street. Would be kinda coll to put up to Big Bear with it

Comment

• Due to the inspiration of Kurt and Fred I made me some hokey fender flares also
                  Also fabbed up a steering stop so the steering ram has the same stroke/ travel as the steering box

Comment

• The 37's had me wondering, was the traction of the meaty pit bulls so much that you stepped back to a set of smaller, half-bald tires for more challenge? I remember being impressed when it had a 30 in the front. Lots of good work!
                    God forgives, rocks don't
                    -sons of thunder

Comment

• Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                      The 37's had me wondering, was the traction of the meaty pit bulls so much that you stepped back to a set of smaller, half-bald tires for more challenge? I remember being impressed when it had a 30 in the front. Lots of good work!
                      See a couple of posts above, the Pitbulls aren't going anywhere. Just want something to put it up to Cleghorn or Big Bear when the mood strikes me

Comment

• As far as wheelin on bald tires goes not much of a challenge there, it still easily out wheels the other Jeep and still drives nicer on the freeway also. The stuff we did yesterday was a blast bald tires or not, they spun a bit more in a few places where some good MTR's or Krawlers would not, but it pretty much cruised to everything we threw at it
                        Today I finished a cold air intake for my little bulldozer

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          Today I finished a cold air intake for my little bulldozer
                          I've considered this intake option myself. That I was wondering, is how loud is it? I know you don't run a top, or doors. But do you think it would be too loud in the cab of a daily driver?
                          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Does not seem to be a whole lot louder than when the filter resided under the hood

Comment

• I was inspired by a plate I saw the other day. Several variations were taken, but I just checked with CA DMV and this one is still available. For your toy Art, I nominate the personalized plate 8AHUMER.
                              God forgives, rocks don't
                              -sons of thunder

Comment

• Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                                I was inspired by a plate I saw the other day. Several variations were taken, but I just checked with CA DMV and this one is still available. For your toy Art, I nominate the personalized plate 8AHUMER.
                                I can appreciate the humor in that one lol

Comment

Working...
                                X