Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave it a hell of a work out on the Hammer trails in the last 2 days.
    Love them Pitbulls, for as much as we spun them, pinched them stuck them under rocks, smoked en and what ever other abuse we could think off the didn't really chunk, bite pretty darn well and in general take all the abuse you can dish out for them without any complaint.
    The little girl took her licking without to much complaint the score for 2 days of hammering is a bend tierod, might make a skid/ armor plate for it, a barber poled drive shaft, but it's a thick tubed one so it didn't bother it, some seriously scratched up skidplates and the front diff cover is leaking more than when I started. any way this is what happens when you only have 21" of bellyclearance

Comment

• Like the old Timex watch!! Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!!!LoL..Thanks for the pic,s purty good for only 21 inches....yup...lol..damn I miss goin out with the jeep...soon I,ll be out again....
      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

• Well Geeb come hang out with Freddy and me that will get your ticker going lol

Comment

• Art just sell the street tires and go to 42's, problem solved. HEHE
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• That is what Freddy said, where is the end with this stuff lol

Comment

• Wtf! I thought the hammers trails were for normal everyday jeeps on 35" tires. lol

Comment

• The Red Rubicon has 35" tires a rubicon express 3.5" short arm lift and did just fine, by the way the fellers driving it were in their sixties Beau, so come on on out and play buddy, we miss your happy self

Comment

• Hey Art I was in JV this weekend. I'm sure I saw you friday evening when you went to meet a couple guys camped at the bottom of the sand hill. I wanted to flag you down and say hi, but no luck. That jeep of yours is very recognizable for those of us that follow this thread. Maybe I'll see you next time.
                  It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Had to chauffeur a friend around so they could their rescue party together, went to Hundy's place first to weld their pitman arm together.
                    after that they went back to the entrance of outerlimits, to fix and retrieve their Jeep. How did your Sledge Hammer run go?
                    Any pics, other than having a malfunctioning power steering and some seriously sore arms I had a heck of a good time on Thursday and Friday

Comment

• Fairly productive day today, my buddy Fred, drilled and tapped another steering gear housing for me, thanks Fred. Then I ran over to the autoparts store and ordered a new seal kit for it, should be here tomorrow.

Then ran over to a bolts place and sourced some bolts for the diff cover and a few big allen bolts to fudge around with the steering linkage some more, would be nice to get that higher up and out of harms way.
                      It will have to do for now though.

The crossmember for the rear lower control arms, seems to flex, so I will beef that up before it's next outing in a few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        Had to chauffeur a friend around so they could their rescue party together, went to Hundy's place first to weld their pitman arm together.
                        after that they went back to the entrance of outerlimits, to fix and retrieve their Jeep. How did your Sledge Hammer run go?
                        Any pics, other than having a malfunctioning power steering and some seriously sore arms I had a heck of a good time on Thursday and Friday
                        I'll add photos soon. The run up sledge was great, but tough. My factory sensor wasn't working right. Even though I was in 4lo I couldn't engage my lockers. Glad my winch was up to the task. I still had a great time.
                        Last edited by Tumbleweed13; 04-26-11, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                          I'll add photos soon. The run up sledge was great, but tough. My factory sensor wasn't working right. Even though I was in 4lo I couldn't engage my lockers. Glad my winch was up to the task. I still had a great time.
                          Photos came sooner then I thought I could.

Comment

• damn art i cant believe you just went and beat your rig up like that after all the time you spent on it. i thought you would atleast take it easy the first run. nope! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                              You better hope, you do not become a Hammer junkie lol, is kinda hard on Jeeps and knocks the pretty of them in a hurry

Comment

• Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                                damn art i cant believe you just went and beat your rig up like that after all the time you spent on it. i thought you would atleast take it easy the first run. nope! lol
                                Wekk it was built to take it on Hammer trails or anything remotely like it, so it better be able to take a pretty good flogging

Comment

Working...
                                X