Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave the Jeep it's home back, didn't fit with the old garage door

Comment

• i love that cage. probably one of the best looking ones i have seen. very aggressive.

Comment

• Thanks Ray

Comment

• Bought a 8 and 12" limit strap to make some center limit straps for the front and rear and some better tiedowns for the Jeep on the trailer.
          So got a bit of work to do before Saturday morning.

Comment

• Got the front center limit strap in seems to help climbing steep stuff, also as a note to self, check and re torque the bolts on the beadlock rims you rub them on rocks enough they will spin loose. I was missing one and about 4 or 5 were loose, got them all torqued down again.
            Other than that about the only maintenance so far has been letting air out of the tires. Damn I love this Jeep

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              Damn I love this Jeep
              LOL, does it really count as a Jeep anymore?
              Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
              Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
              HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

• Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                LOL, does it really count as a Jeep anymore?
                Looks like a Jeep, has a Jeep engine, sounds like a Jeep so it has got to be a Jeep. Kinda like the Ducky in your bathtub

Comment

• Started messing with the flasher for the hazards and turn signals today.
                  The 2003 and newer TJ's use a all solid state flasher that is not all that easy to modify for led lights.
                  I don't like the idea of resistors or other tricks to get the current back to the level where the flasher works normally.
                  In my other TJ I have a LED flasher that works the turn signals bit blows the fuse with the hazards.
                  The other day I was messing with one of our delivery trucks that uses a LED flasher for commercial trucks, that looked like a nice unit for my TJ, so after checking the wiring diagram I decided that it just might work, so gave it a try today and after a few blown fuses I found the correct slots in the flasher socket and it now has regular flashing turn signals and hazards, the only drawback if any is that the turn signals work without the ignition on. It's still jerry rigged, but this is where it's going to go on both Jeeps, it has a nice and pretty loud audible signal on it also, so even with the Jeep completely open you can hear when the turn signals are on while going down the road.
                  The flasher is made by the Trucklite company

Comment

• Hopefully it wont kill your battery like some other people were having trouble with. Wouldn't this work? http://www.stu-offroad.com/electrical/led1/led-6.htm
                    Last edited by Jeeperator; 06-14-11, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Beau Idid the flasher mod with the pre 2003 flasher and yes it killed the battery. These we use at work so far on over 40 trucks or so I have changed one in the last 10 years. It's still hooked up so we will know in a couple of days. Found a trucklite part number for a 5 pin led flasher, just do not know if it will do the same thing as the led flasher I have in my yellow Jeep I might actually on that one bend one of the pins for ignition hot and see if that stops the short in it.
                      Buttoned it up today and it works like a charm the part number is97232 for a electronic flasher with audible alarm from trucklite, no need to cut or splice any wires, just ziptie or mount the flasher near the steering column, ground the ground wire eyelet and stick 2 spades in the flasher sockets and be happy. Also while going through the trucklite parts book I found a 5 pin led flasher part# 97283, nit sure if that does blow the multi function switch fuse when using the hazards though, I know my other Jeep does that with a led flasher I got from Napa, I guess when I have some time I'll crossreference the part numbers
                      Last edited by aw12345; 06-15-11, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• That special flasher that guy sells got to be a regular part number and he is marking it up. Unless he had them made custom and importing them or somthing.

Comment

• LED flashers are not cheap, I am going to dig a bit deeper for my Yellow Jeep to see if I can get this LED flasher I have to work, if not I will sticj the same flasher in there as I just stuck in my big Jeep

Comment

• Got the flasher business in my little Jeep resolved also it's a trico 5 pin led flasher that would blow the fuse for the multi function switch when you turned the hazards on, which annoyed the heck out of me. So Friday afternoon I pulled the thing out and started playing with some short jumper wires and came to the conclusion that if I break the center spade of the flasher I have no more short and working hazards and turn signals with the key on or in the acc position which is good enough for me

Comment

• Summerized my little Jeep and worked a bit more on the windshield frame for the big Jeep, looks like the frame is pretty much back to it's original size.
                              Will have to fit a windshield in there to see if it is. Gonna call the glass guy to sell me that 65 dollar windshield. Also with a bit of luck I might pick up a 6 speed trans for my baby

Comment

• Can you PM me the info, for the 65 dollar windshield. My OG 03 windshield is pitted bad.
                                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                                X