Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It gets fairly hot, and it's right there next to some wiring and stuff. The adapter going from the header to the turbo probably gets alot hotter, haha! I see exhaust temperatures of 1000+ degrees on hill climbs, haha! But yea, the rest of the exhaust probably isn't that hot, just the pre-turbo stuff?
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
      It gets fairly hot, and it's right there next to some wiring and stuff. The adapter going from the header to the turbo probably gets alot hotter, haha! I see exhaust temperatures of 1000+ degrees on hill climbs, haha! But yea, the rest of the exhaust probably isn't that hot, just the pre-turbo stuff?
      Yup the turbo takes a lot of energy/heat out of the exhaust

Comment

• also takes away alot of the sound too! I don't run a muffler, and it's not very loud.
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

also takes away alot of the sound too! I don't run a muffler, and it's not very loud.

That's because a lot of the energy/ heat has been taken out

Comment

• Tackled my light bar, mounts at 2 different heights

Today's view of the man cave

picture094 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture093 by aartjestaartje, on Flick

picture092 by aartjestaartje, on Flickrpicture092 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture091 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture090 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture089 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

It gets fairly hot, and it's right there next to some wiring and stuff. The adapter going from the header to the turbo probably gets alot hotter, haha! I see exhaust temperatures of 1000+ degrees on hill climbs, haha! But yea, the rest of the exhaust probably isn't that hot, just the pre-turbo stuff?
              By the way, do you have a pyrometer on the ole gurl? You really do not want the turbo/ the exhaust before the turbo to get over 1100 degrees. You get her to hot bad things happen to engine life

Comment

• yea I've got the pyro gauge sensor right before the turbo. Once it hits 1000 I back off. It only gets that high when I'm stomping the throttle up hills.

Comment

• Looks like this weekend is going to be fix powersteering on the buggy time. see what I can whip up.
                  Drilled the stock TJ pump. Looking at the Nissan pump on the engine, it sure looks like that can receive the same treatment
                  Would save me a bunch of work, making pump mounting brackets. Looking at it all, reservoir is coming off going to weld a larger bung in the bottom to feed the pump, might make me a larger pump side fitting also, fun, fun, fun.
                  Blaine offered to hook me up with a few stacked plate coolers so that takes care of the cooler part. Thanks again man!
                  Seriously curious how much of an improvement I can get out of this, before I buy a shiny new fancy high volume pump.
                  Did I say I like to tinker you bet. Once steering and axle gears are done this Jalopy will be ever so much closer to trail carnage.
                  Would be cool to drag it out to AZ in November, some really cool stuff there to go nuts on.

Comment

• About light bars, I like this thing. At the beginning of my cul de sac, which is about 1/2 mile long. taken with my old camera no flash, no manual settings, shot through the windshield. I like it

lightbar (1) by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Which begets a question, anybody ever taken one apart to seperate the lights out? You look at the thing and they are put together with pods of 4 leds each, pretty sure the whole shebang is wired in parallel. So you could separate them out and light them say in banks of 2 or 4 pods.

Comment

• Did some pondering tonight, to see how well my wonderful idea of mating a TJ powersteering pump to a Nissan V6 would work.
                      Surprise of all surprises it actually work out pretty well. Need to drill one mounting hole out, swap a pulley, machine a spacer and make the adjusting bracket which looks to be fairly easy and straight forward. Pretty happy about all that.
                      Now see if I can find a larger fitting for the reservoir and Monday the tinkering will be on. Drilled the fitting on the pump out allready, haven't messed with the pressure relief yet. Will leave that alone for now

picture098 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture097 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture099 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Will know Monday night if this pump will cut the mustard, got 3/4"powersteering hose, another 3/4" fitting so fluid going in the pump shouldn't be an issue. Brought my powersteering pulley puller and installer home from work. So Monday is tinker time. Tomorrow is swap tires day and of to the Hammers for some night time tooling around. Pulled the serpentine pulley off and fitted the small pulley. Drilled the one mounting hole out so it will take a 10 mm bolt, fits in the bracket just perfect. Got to source a shorter belt and that takes care that. Need to make a bottom bracket so I can tension the belt and that will conclude the mounting part of the pump.

Comment

• Pump tensioner bracket is made as well as the spacer. So I hope it found a permanent home on Scrappy.

Comment

• Gave my Tinkertoy some love, added a relay for the light bar. Had it piggy backed on one for the rock lights. Wasn't a very good idea, had either rock lights and blinded everybody or no lights, got even better when a 25 amp fuse couldn't handle the load of both sets of lights. Man that there desert and it's canyons are dark without light. Anyway added a relay , fused it added the wiring for it, relay switches to ground. Wire is fed into the tub, just got to drill a hole and add a switch and hook that up.

Comment

• Mighty glad to announce that my steering tinkering paid off. Still needs a cooler plumbed in and make a decent pressure hose instead the hokey thing I rigged together. However most importantly it works like a charm. Not bad for some used parts, some welding and brazing and a 40 dollar pulley.
                              On to gearing the axles, installing the locker and a ton of other do thats

Comment

• Well 2 Days after my Big Bear trip the check engine light in my lil Jeep started flashing on my grueling 5 mile commute to work. On the way home check engine light came on solid. Checked codes found po304 misfire on cyl 4. Today finally found a bit of energy to take a look at it pulled sparkplug looked pretty worn, regapped it to spec for the heck of it, swapped sparkplug wire with #1 to see if that had any bearing on it's ailment. Drove it for 15 miles all is well. Hit up Vatozone and bought 8 plugs. Will swap em in lil Yeller when it cools off. Big Jeep has close to the same milage so going to pamper it for a change and swap the sparkplugs also.

Comment

Working...
                                X