Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice Kurt, lookin good

Comment

Let the games begin. Looking forward to your build.
      Check out .

Comment

Ahh, the fun of building a Jeep (again!) Looks like your to a good start!
        http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

Looking good man!
          Be sure to post up pics as you go.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Just got back from kissing the corporate world goodbye and had time to relax doing what I like; tearing stuff up!

Got the front clip removed

I'll be cutting all this stuff off tonight

More when I get back from the Holidays...

Happy Tday everyone!:thumbs_up
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Keep up the god work Kurt. I'll come by some time after the holidays and show you what has been done to my rig.
              ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                Keep up the god work Kurt. I'll come by some time after the holidays and show you what has been done to my rig.
                Cool! I'd like to take a look at your front suspension. I have a little bit of a conundrum. 3 link, or 4. Eeny, meeny...

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  Cool! I'd like to take a look at your front suspension. I have a little bit of a conundrum. 3 link, or 4. Eeny, meeny...
                  That's not even remotely a conundrum. 3 link with a panhard is easier, works very well, has no quirks, and a 4 link has no advantage over it.

Put the upper link on the driver's side on top of the pumpkin, maintain about 8" of vertical separation at both ends to keep your caster change minimized throughout the range of motion and have fun.

Also, it's pretty nice to use the 2.5" Currie JJ's with the 1" shanks and 1.5" upper link. You want the bigger JJ's up there because the single link is now doing the work of two.

If you look at Erik's, notice that the truss on his 30 is bolted on and has yet to fail or even work itself loose. So there's no issues with running a single upper link as far as the forces are concerned.
                  I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
                    That's not even remotely a conundrum. 3 link with a panhard is easier, works very well, has no quirks, and a 4 link has no advantage over it.

Put the upper link on the driver's side on top of the pumpkin, maintain about 8" of vertical separation at both ends to keep your caster change minimized throughout the range of motion and have fun.

Also, it's pretty nice to use the 2.5" Currie JJ's with the 1" shanks and 1.5" upper link. You want the bigger JJ's up there because the single link is now doing the work of two.

If you look at Erik's, notice that the truss on his 30 is bolted on and has yet to fail or even work itself loose. So there's no issues with running a single upper link as far as the forces are concerned.
                    Thanks for the info Blaine. After seeing Eriks rig flex I had a feeling I would like the three link set up, but still want to look at one just to make sure I have the concept straight in my head. I have the JJs so I'm set material-wise. Appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                      Thanks for the info Blaine. After seeing Eriks rig flex I had a feeling I would like the three link set up, but still want to look at one just to make sure I have the concept straight in my head. I have the JJs so I'm set material-wise. Appreciate the help.
                      No worries, if you need my number, let me know. I'll be glad to offer up the odd sanity check here and there as needed. I can lay out the parameters for you so it's easier to know what to watch out for.
                      I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
                        No worries, if you need my number, let me know. I'll be glad to offer up the odd sanity check here and there as needed. I can lay out the parameters for you so it's easier to know what to watch out for.
                        Sounds good to me. I'll get in touch with you when I get back in town. Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

very nice...

Sounds like your going to have an awesome rig! Oh and thanks for the help Blaine... Am taking your advice and pusing the wheelbase to 104... Gas tank in rea and Alumnium wraps, now i just need a front axel to handle that Atlas 4. Am also think am going to run the 609 you mentioned. After more research, it just seem like the way to go. I think Richard Gauthier is almost done with it! Sure is nice when you have the equipment to do things...

Thanks again..

And again good luck on your build Rat patrol.. I look forward to seeing your pics.

Comment

Should have some more done this weekend and pics up soon. Got the DOM in but still waiting on a critical part. Damn these vendors...

Comment

Dodged a bullet here!

Took apart the rear D44 tonight and found this little gem...
                              Sure hope the warranty is still good.

Comment

Now is a good time to find that one
                                Is it Alloy USA?

Are you keeping the 44 or stepping into something bigger?
                                ERIK

Comment

Working...
                                X