Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

• Thats sucks it was welded wrong.
      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

• I got 8.8 on crigslist with 4.10 and lsd for 80.00 the gears didn't mean anything to me as I was switching to 4.88 but it was a drum break axle but for 80.00 I took it.the breaks where easy ,just took off the hard break lines off the 35 changed the ends to the ford(cut off,double flared) the vent tube/soft break line bolted up the same as the jeep, even the stock e brake cables from he jeep fit and worked like factory on the 8.8 no modifications,I will have to swap out my drivers side cable(short one) to and xj driver side one because of my soa lift,it doesn't have enough stretch for articulation but for a dd works great

Last edited by jjlaw; 04-24-10, 12:47 PM. Reason: forgot to add the pic of the 8.8

Comment

• I did SUA. You did SOA I see. Looks clean! Is the brake line short? Looks tight on there or is it the photo?

$80 is a good deal! But, I did want the disc though. Stopping power is noticable.

The ebrake still needs to be done. I cut the dust cover which holds the ebrake together. They were bent pretty bad. So, no ebrake right now.

Comment

• no its not tight just need to adjust the bend by th block soft break line then I could use the break line tab that is on the 8.8 tube to hold it beter but the good ting is I can go to any junk yard and pull all the brake components off of any dana 35 or 8.8 nothing really custom made

Comment

• Ok. Good. Wasn't sure if it was the pic or not.

Did you get the LSD or open?

Comment

• I got the LSD but will pull an open one from a junkyard later to add a locker may be next year or so,play with it this year modify more next this is my first jeep first axel swap/custom suspension and only got it at the end of jan so I need to play with it some before more mods/wrenching

Comment

• my soft brake lines are so long I will never have a problem with them front or rear

Comment

• The red line looks to short when you flex. But, again, could be the pic.

Comment

• its not it has alot of room to move really long I'll try to get better pics plus my kit ame with a hard line drop bracket that I never used

Comment

• I will do the same in a day or two.

We didn't use a drop bracket neither.

I have the locker up front and LSD in the rear. Can't wait to see what she can do

Comment

• Wow, thats a great price. Ill see what I can find. Looking for 3.73 w/ an LS to start with.
                          "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Willard View Post
                            Wow, thats a great price. Ill see what I can find. Looking for 3.73 w/ an LS to start with.
                            Here is the door code:
                            Code Capacity Ratio
                            43 Open 3200 3.08
                            41 Open 3200 3.27
                            42 Open 4.10
                            46 Open 3.73
                            45 Open 3200 3.55
                            D4 Limited Slip 3200 3.73
                            D2 Limited Slip 4.10
                            L73 Limited Slip 3.73
                            L - Limited Slip Differential
                            C - Conventional Differential

You should be able to find the "D4" pretty easy if I remember. Half off is coming around I think. Makes it for a smok'in deal!

Comment

Working...
                            X