Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might just get the factory style soft line, to make the install quicker, and modify it later. Auto Zone part #78330 $19

This Friday it goes in! Boy, I need to hit some trails soon.

Comment

• Yeah Ron, you need to do a fire road run with us.
      That will take care of all fears and weak spots on the Jeep at once. So when are we hitting the fire roads?

Comment

• Art's fire roads will find all the weak spots for you. You have a roll cage what are you afraid of?
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

• Originally posted by OU812 View Post
          Art's fire roads will find all the weak spots for you. You have a roll cage what are you afraid of?
          No roll cage. Only a beefed up rear cage.

Ford 8.8 goes in Thursday (maybe) and then I need a DS. Then I am ready. Unless roll cage is required?! haha

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            Yeah Ron, you need to do a fire road run with us.
            That will take care of all fears and weak spots on the Jeep at once. So when are we hitting the fire roads?
            Once the axle goes in, then the cv driveshaft, then I'll be ready!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
              I wouldn't as I don't like the design of having 2 rubber lines on the dist block, with no way to separate them.

Also your rear distribution block/axle vent housing will swap right over from the 8.25 looks more "factory" this way imho

:beer:
              Took your advice, and got the factory piece. No messing with the lines for now. Direct bolt-on. Thanks!

Last edited by Jeep4cern; 03-15-10, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Received Billistics stuff per UPS today. FAST SHIPPING! The parts are heavy duty. No complaints.

Comment

• Ron, check to make sure the rubber line is long enough that you arent using it as a limit strap.

That stainless line you got isnt that hard to hook up, all you need is about 8" of hard line with the flares on it already. You can pick them up from any autoparts store and bend them by hand.
                  An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

• If you want to be a baller you can make cool shapes with the hard line. Like rabit ears on your pumpkin. All the cool kids are doing it.
                    Those left standing
                    Will make millions
                    Writing books on ways
                    It should have been
                    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

• Scott,

Did your stock soft line have enough slack going to the body?

Comment

• Im not sure. I didn't do my swap. It came with the Jeep. We used the stock soft line on Seans XJ, but I think that his hard line mount was moved lower on the "frame".
                        Those left standing
                        Will make millions
                        Writing books on ways
                        It should have been
                        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

• [QUOTE=OU812;159354]Im not sure. I didn't do my swap. It came with the Jeep. We used the Jeep style soft line on Seans XJ, but I think that his hard line mount was moved lower on the "unibody"

fixed!

Maybe the rear cover needs pedobear on it :beer:
                          An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

• no u have to extend the rear line. on mine i just bent the stell hard line. but im going to get a longer braided line

Comment

• Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                              no u have to extend the rear line. on mine i just bent the stell hard line. but im going to get a longer braided line
                              So I blew $20 on the hose? Or I can get it to work by bending the bracket on the frame?

Comment

• Ok. So, double checking I had everything (for saturday's install) I noticed I am missing an old part. I removed one of the sides for the parking brake assembly. Passenger side. There is two metal clips in there. They are held by a pin "nail" with a head. What is that part or part number so I can go get one?

Comment

Working...
                                X