Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Comm...

...will be CB ch 11 to start with, switch to another if it is busy once we get everyone together.
    I have an HT that I will monitor 146.49 simplex as well.......KG6FOP.:shout:
    John & Kristi

Comment

Rattle Snake

Thanks KF6PPR

Comment

Getting into Big Bear....

.....is yes, it suppossed to take us into town, I hope so I have dinner plans...
        John & Kristi

Comment

Originally posted by jeep-noob View Post
          hey this sounds cool, thanks, see you there

if heartbreak is closed will 2N02 or some other combination get us through to big bear?

the two posts of GPS coordinates conflict :confused2:oops::haha:

Heartbreak is in a canyon off of 2N02. 2N02 runs right to Baldwin Lake and the 18. BB is just a skip down the road.

Comment

Quote today from someone I know in Big BEar.
            "I made a call to someone of importance in the FS this morning and the trail is OPEN still and until something on the ground changes, we are good to run it. It could be at least a year before anything happens up there. Yes it is being *considered* for wilderness area, but it's not done yet."

Hate to stir this up but I really do want to run those trails before they are "officially" closed for good. I guess I will play it by ear.

Looks like Quinn from All J Products in Big Bear will be wheelin' w/ us too. Looking froward to meeting some new folks and wheelin' w/ my buds.

Comment

I'll see you all at the trail head.
              -Burchie
              LOST JEEPS So Cal President

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                Quote today from someone I know in Big BEar. "I made a call to someone of importance in the FS this morning and the trail is OPEN still and until something on the ground changes, we are good to run it.
                I suggest you call Greg Hoffman at (909) 382-2811. Greg is the top field OHV ranger for the San Bernardino National Forest.
                Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                  Quote today from someone I know in Big BEar.
                  "I made a call to someone of importance in the FS this morning and the trail is OPEN still and until something on the ground changes, we are good to run it. It could be at least a year before anything happens up there. Yes it is being *considered* for wilderness area, but it's not done yet."

Hate to stir this up but I really do want to run those trails before they are "officially" closed for good. I guess I will play it by ear.

Looks like Quinn from All J Products in Big Bear will be wheelin' w/ us too. Looking froward to meeting some new folks and wheelin' w/ my buds.
                  I was told that a proposed wilderness area is treated AS a wilderness area. I'd rather be safe than sorry and not run it.
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

It took me a while to determine if I could get free for this run, but it looks like I am in!

I am just a bit confused as to where to meet. Are we meeting at the trail head by 247? If so, what time? If not, when & where?

BTW, once we get to 2N02, I know how to get everyone to Big Bear, Yucca Valley, or the Inland Empire, depending on where you want to go and how tough a trail that you want to take. I just am not sure how and when to meet everyone in the first place....
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

The way I understand it, we are meeting at the trailhead at the 247 at 0800-ish.

Comment

Cool! See ya there.
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                          Cool! See ya there.
                          Glad you can make it.
                          I really have to hear the story behind your avatar.
                          -Burchie
                          LOST JEEPS So Cal President

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Twister View Post
                            ...we'll just have to go and see, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Desert Jewel seems to be one of the "persons in the know' about this trail but she said she has no plans of showing anyone until one of the big rallies coming up so we'll have to fend (sp?) for ourselves:confused:
                            As far as a meeting place I was just going to say meet at the trailhead off the 247 Hwy. I will be going out the 91 from Orange County to the 60 thru the badlands and pick up I-10 and then up thru Yucca Valley. If you would like to meet somewhere along that route lets do it. I was going pull out at about 6AM, grab a quick breakfast drive thru. I ran into a couple in my neighborhood driving a really nicely built aluminum bodied Jeep that looked really cool. We chatted a little bit and they said they would like to go to, Bob and Wendy I think they said their names where, wait til you see this thing.:thumbs_up
                            YO Nipple Twister? What time do you think you'll be coming up Box Springs to Moreno Valley? I live off Day street and will catch you on the roll!

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Dog View Post
                              YO Nipple Twister? What time do you think you'll be coming up Box Springs to Moreno Valley? I live off Day street and will catch you on the roll!
                              OH and on SundaY were going to do John Bull since I didn't get to go last weekend! if anyone wan't to join feal free!

Comment

Box Springs

I'm guessing 6-6:30 I'll be going thru there, not sure where Day Street is but if you got a spot I can pull off and meet you let me know or shout for me on the CB......:shout:
                                John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
                                X